The Heart of Passion 5 Disc Set
Excellent messages from Louie Giglio
Louie's messages are truthful and presented in a professional format. God's Word is spoken in truth and love. It touched my soul in a tender and awesome way.
November 8, 2013
These teaching help people to see how Great our God truly is and how much He loves us.
October 18, 2013
Mind Blowing, Awesome Video Series For All Ages!
Louie Giglio is known for traveling to universities and youth groups and sharing these talks, but this series is incredibly relevant to people of all ages (13 and older I would suggest). I organize a WomenÃ¢ÂÂs Bible Study and during the summer we were eager to stay connected and continue our studies, but no one was eager for doing a lot of reading and homework. We decided to get together and watch these as our Ã¢ÂÂSummer Movie SeriesÃ¢ÂÂ each Thursday night. We had about 25-30 women in attendance each week and it was a very powerful series that impacted everyone in our group.
There are actually five different DVDÃ¢ÂÂs and six separate sessions contained in this pack. Each video is roughly 45 Ã¢ÂÂ 55 minutes and each one contains a very powerful message. Our group loved each message so much that many women have borrowed the DVDÃ¢ÂÂs to share with their husbands, friends and/or kids.
1. Indescribable Ã¢ÂÂ This video shows us the bigness of God and His universe through a lot of pictures that were taken by NASA. It shows us that our Milky Way Galaxy is only a small cul-de-sac of the entire universe that God has created. It surely puts into perspective Ã¢ÂÂHis thoughts are bigger than our thoughtsÃ¢ÂÂ and Ã¢ÂÂHis ways are not our waysÃ¢ÂÂ. While you might feel small vs. the massive universe that God created by the end of this video, you are also left with the precise plan that He has for all of His creation and how you might fit into the bigger tapestry of what God has created.
2. How Great Is Our God Ã¢ÂÂ This video continues the highly fascinating astronomy lesson and shows us the different planets and stars that God has created in relation to our small earth that we call home. The overriding message goes deeper to show GodÃ¢ÂÂs perfect design to equip us with everything that we for when we go through a difficult time. It would be a spoiler alert if I told you about Laminin. Let Louie tell you.
3. Hope When Life Hurts Ã¢ÂÂ This is a two part video and you will probably want to watch them at different times. The first message is The Anchor Of Hope and shares the story of a teen boy who cried out to God in despair and his prayer was not answeredÃ¢ÂÂ¦even though he had prayed for other people and had seen God miraculously answer prayers those prayers. A heart wrenching story, but Louie is quick to explain that not everything gets wrapped up in a perfect bow at the end when we become Christians. ItÃ¢ÂÂs a crazy world and bad things happen, but God is never not in control but free will has been permitted. The second message is The Megaphone Of Hope. This is the most powerful sermon I have ever heard that makes sense of the purpose of suffering and how God can be glorified through difficulties.
4. Fruitcake & Ice Cream Ã¢ÂÂ This is the story of a university girl who was a very strong atheist until her Christian roommate attended a Louie Giglio talk and was raving about it. As she lived with this Christian, she saw that there really was something different about this girl and the way she lived her life. She started listening to Louie too and eventually became convinced that God and GodÃ¢ÂÂs grace were for her too. I donÃ¢ÂÂt want to share anymore to give it away, but itÃ¢ÂÂs a sweet and funny story told through this girls journals (as only a college girl can write). You will laugh. You will cry.
5. Symphony (I Lift My Hands) Ã¢ÂÂ This video will completely change the way you think about worship. Although this may sound like a boring video, you will see how God has designed every living creature to worship Him and we are all a part of GodÃ¢ÂÂs Symphony.
Louie Giglio is also involved in sixsteprecords Ã¢ÂÂ the production company for many leading Christian musicians -- most notably Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman. Some of these talks have inspired some of the greatest Christian songs of all time by Chris Tomin: Indescribable, How Great Is Our God, Symphony (I Lift My Hands), etc. and Matt Redman: You Never Let Go. Louie has also written several songs with Chris during their journey together. They now head up Passion City Church in Atlanta with Louie as the Senior Pastor and Chris leading the music and worship. Be sure to list to many of these songs in detail while you are watching the video too. It will give you a deeper appreciation of some of the thoughts behind the music.
This is a great video to be used by your family, individually, for a Bible Study or small group!! There is also a pamphlet included with discussion questions for each video, but some are so powerful that after viewing it might be best not to talk. It will leave a lasting impression.
August 20, 2013
Always a great encouragement
Louie Giglio has awakened me to the glory of God's creation throughout the universe and challenged me to truly appreciate God's grace and love given the perspective of the immensity and beauty of the cosmos contrasted to our own minusculity. He tells touching stories of loss, hope, life and inspiration that all Christians would benefit from. Any of these DVDs is always a welcome encouragement to get back to the Creator and realise the truths about the one we are living for!
July 16, 2013