- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- US States▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 672
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
The Handbook of Language and Globalization brings together important new studies of language and discourse in the global era, consolidating a vibrant new field of sociolinguistic research.
- The first volume to assemble leading scholarship in this rapidly developing field
- Features new contributions from 36 internationally-known scholars, bringing together key research in the field and establishing a benchmark for future research
- Comprehensive coverage is divided into four sections: global multilingualism, world languages and language systems; global discourse in key domains and genres; language, values and markets under globalization; and language, distance and identities
- Covers an impressive breadth of topics including tourism, language teaching, social networking, terrorism, and religion, among many others
- Winner of the British Association for Applied Linguistics book prize 2011
Nikolas Coupland is Research Director, Centre for Language and Communication Research, Cardiff University. He is an elected member of the UK Academy of Social Sciences. He is co-editor of the book series, Oxford Studies in Sociolinguistics. Coupland was also founding editor, with Allan Bell, of the Journal of Sociolinguistics.
"Overall, The Handbook of Language and Globalization succeeds in providing the reader with insightful analysis at the intersection of language and globalization. With its broad scope and inclusion of useful research topics, the volume can be considered as an open gate for a wider field of study and research in sociolinguistics. It also provides a stimulating and complex picture of the state of theory and practice in the area of language and globalization." (Linguist, 18 October 2012)
Other Customers Also Purchased
Disciple Making Is . . . : How to Live the Great Commission with Passion and ConfidenceDave Early, Rod DempseyB&H Academic / 2013 / Trade Paperback$17.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$24.99Save 28% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW677069
Reclaiming the L Word: Renewing to Chruch from Its Lutheran CoreKelly A. FryerFortress Press / 2003 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:
$14.99Save 20% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW45962