The Grandmother's Bible NIV Hardcover 1984
- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- GNT-Good News Translation
- ICB-International Children's Bible
- God's Word
- Living Bible
- NCV-New Century Version
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- RVR-Reina Valera
- The Voice
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- TLA-Traduccion en Lenguaje Actual
- With Apocrypha
- NLV-New Life Version
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Silver Gilding
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
For many women, being a grandmother is God's finest gift—they have achieved great depth of experience and breadth of love, and they have grandchildren with whom to share these qualities. The Grandmother's Bible is the first Bible published for this active, engaged, Bible-reading audience.
Over 60 well-known Christian women—including Ruth Graham, Elisa Morgan, Elizabeth George, Thelma Wells, Karen Kingsbury, and Carol Cymbala—share their thoughts, stories, and encouragement in this Bible's articles and daily devotionals. With a focus on daily prayer, this uniquely personal Bible offers guidance, inspiration, and practical tools as grandmothers share their love and God's Word with their grandchildren.
- 9.5-point type—Easy on the eyes
- 365 devotions—readings draw grandmothers closer to their Lord and to their grandchildren
- Daily Prayers—each weekday devotion ends with a short prayer that relates to the subject matter
- Grandchild in Focus—a simple plan to help grandmothers pray regularly for their grandchildren
- Praying the Scriptures for Your Grandchild—Bible verses in a prayer format
- Stories to Share—over 150 key Bible stories ideal for sharing specific life lessons
- Talking Points—a practical guide for using Scripture to discuss over 40 relevant topics, such as salvation, knowing God's will, friendship, etc.
- Perspectives—original, thought-provoking articles addressing personal aspirations and the joys and challenges of being a grandmother
- Special sleeve to hold grandchild's photo
- Custom presentation pages including records of grandchildren, of prayer, and of God's work
- Two-color design in an easy-to-read type
- Book introductions, topical index, and more
- Complete New International Version
- 8.75" x 6.75" x 1.75
Number of Pages: 1829
Publication Date: 2008
Dimensions: 8.75 X 6.75 X 2.0 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Text Layout: Double Column
Text Color: Black Letter
NIV Grandmother's Bible, Large-Print Edition--bonded leather, violet 1984Zondervan / 2010 / Bonded Leather$27.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 81 Reviews
$69.99Save 60% ($42.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW0949756
Raising Your Children's Children: Help for Grandparents Raising GrandkidsMartha Evans` SparksBeacon Hill Press / 2011 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:
$14.99Save 20% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW125636
For many women, being a grandmother is Gods finest giftthey have achieved great depth of experience and breadth of love, and they have grandchildren with whom to share these qualities. The Grandmothers Bible is the first Bible published for this active, engaged, Bible-reading audience. Over 60 well-known Christian womenincluding Ruth Graham, Elisa Morgan, Elizabeth George, Thelma Wells, Karen Kingsbury, and Carol Cymbalashare their thoughts, stories, and encouragement in this Bibles articles and daily devotionals. With a focus on daily prayer, this uniquely personal Bible offers guidance, inspiration, and practical tools as grandmothers share their love and Gods Word with their grandchildren. Features: 365 devotions readings draw grandmothers closer to their Lord and to their grandchildren Grandchild in Focus a simple plan to help grandmothers pray regularly for their grandchildren Praying the Scriptures for Your Grandchild Bible verses in a prayer format Stories to Share over 150 key Bible stories ideal for sharing specific life lessons Talking Points a practical guide for using Scripture to discuss over 40 relevant topics, such as salvation, knowing Gods will, friendship, etc. Perspectives original, thought-provoking articles addressing personal aspirations and the joys and challenges of being a grandmother Special sleeve to hold grandchilds photo Custom presentation pages Two-color design in an easy-to-read type Book introductions, topical index, and more Complete New International Version
- Binding details: Before opening the Bible you already know you are holding a beautifully bound volume in hand, with soft color scheme of lavender faux leather, with white and spring green trim. Top stitching details and grandmother's Bible in coordinated script add an understated finishing touch.
- As soon as you open the Bible there is space to insert a photograph of your grandchildren.
- Presentation page matches the floral motif of the box in lavender, white, and green. Six lines are provided for personal inscriptions, with Scripture quote from Daniel 12:3 Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.
- Space is provided to enter the names and details of up to 16 grandchildren, with lines for name, date of birth, parents' names, milestones to remember, and grandchild's signature.
- Record up to ten major answers to prayer on power of prayer pages, with prayer and how God answered line prompts.
- Scripture from Psalm 102:18 Let this be written for a future generation, that a people not yet created may praise the Lord accents an entire page of lines to record God's faithfulness and what God has done in your life.
- Bible includes 365 devotions, 20 perspective articles, book introductions, and a major focus on prayer for your grandchildren. Prompts are provided to pray for each grandchild for 14 days, praying on a specific theme each day. Several Bible study tools and insets are included throughout the Bible.
- Soft lavender and spring green graphic motifs enhance the layout of each page from cover to cover.
- At the end of the Bible are acknowledgments to the contributors, contributor biographies, and an index of features and topics.
- At the close of the Bible are three lightly ruled pages for your personal memories.
Once you make this Bible your own, praying for your grandchildren and focusing on the legacy you will leave for future generations, it will be an encouragement to you and an heirloom for your family.
Mamma Nancy5 Stars Out Of 5excellent buyMarch 23, 2015Mamma NancyQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5a great gift for any grandmother, especially to share one's family legacy - it is a bit heavy so it is more of a home study Bible
wren1 Stars Out Of 54 lbs in weight. not right for me at allMarch 7, 2015wrenQuality: 4Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1I guess i was in too much of a hurry. i will be returning this bible. my last large print niv 3 lbs. this one is 4 lbs. i am not a grandmother, so having grandmother's bible printed on the front totally inappropriate. all the little suggestions for lessons with tips for younger or older grandchildren a waste of time. the page showed the starting chapter and verse, but not the ending verse for that page. concordance on subjects, not words. several pages taken up to name who wrote the little stories, including what else they had written, so they got a free sales plug.
Grandma to be5 Stars Out Of 5Grandmother's BibleJanuary 23, 2015Grandma to beAfter gifting this Bible to my Best Friend a few years ago for Christmas after the birth of her first Grandchild and had a chance to look through it beforehand i knew i wanted one when my time came, and this last Christmas i received mine from my Husband as we are awaiting the birth of our first Granddaughter. I have already begun to use it now and am praying the Prayers for little Maxie Marie as well as her Parents and my other children . I love this Bible and will strongly recommend it to others. It's a wonderful Blessing!
Claire5 Stars Out Of 5Grandmothers BibleJanuary 6, 2015ClaireQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Totally exceeds what i expected
Barbara5 Stars Out Of 5Grandmother's BibleJanuary 3, 2015BarbaraQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5LOVE this bible! Have one for myself and have given several as gifts. This purchase was a Christmas present for my mother-in-law and my aunt. Beautiful gift for new and not so new grandmothers!
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Essential Guide to the Power of the Holy SpiritRandy ClarkDestiny Image / 2015 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:
$15.99Save 31% ($5.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW406054
The Daniel Plan Cookbook: Healthy Eating for LifeRick D.Min. Warren, Daniel Amen M.D., Mark Hyman M.D.Zondervan / 2014 / Hardcover$19.99 Retail:
$29.99Save 33% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW344264Video