- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Women will be encouraged to view their roles, talents, and responsibilities as opportunities to allow God to shine through them. Highlights include:
- Abigail Adams' commitment to serving as the primary caretaker for her family during the Revolution shows the worth of working with eager hands, (Proverbs 31:13).
- Laura Bush's heart of compassion shows the significance of extending hands to the poor and needy in times of crisis, (Proverbs 31:20).
- Louisa Adams' remarkable solo journey to Paris under siege by Napoleon shows the value of steadfastness during a time of terror threats, (Proverbs 31:21).
- Barbara Bush's wit and quips reveal the splendor of celebrating joy in life, (Proverbs 31:25).
- Martha Washington's willingness to knit shirts and socks for soldiers during the Revolution shows the value of leading by example, (Proverbs 31:19).
- Anna Harrison's words of wisdom and prayers for her children and grandchildren deliver a family legacy of faith and leadership. (Proverbs 31:26).
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: AMG Publishers
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Abraham Lincoln, a Man of Faith and Courage: Stories of Our Most Admired President - eBookJoe WheelerHoward Books / 2008 / ePub$14.994.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 ReviewsAvailability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW9485EB
Abraham Lincoln: A Man of Faith, Courage, and IntegrityJoe WheelerHoward Books / 2008 / Hardcover$15.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$22.00Save 27% ($6.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW550969
Christian America?: Perspectives on Our Religious Heritage - eBookDaryl C. CornettB&H Academic / 2011 / ePub$9.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW21538EB
Highlights include:* Abigail Adam's commitment to serving as the primary caretaker for her family during the Revolution shows the worth of working with eager hands.
* Martha Washington's willingness to knit shirts and socks for soldiers during the Revolution shows the value of leading by example.
* Harriet Lane's fashion flair uncovers the true source of beauty in a world of extreme makeovers.
* Helen Taft's investment inklings blossom into a bouquet of benefits.
* Laura Bush's heart of compassion shows the significance of extending hands to the poor and needy in times of crisis.
* Anna Harrison's words of wisdom and prayers for her children and grandchildren delivers a family legacy of faith and leadership.
* Louisa Adam's remarkable solo journey to Paris under siege by napoleon shows the value of steadfastness during a time of terror threats.
* Dolley Madison's wandering journey of faith reaches its final destination, showing the peace that comes through a commitment and reverence to God.
* Barbara Bush's wit and quips reveal the splendor of celebrating in life.
* Nell Arthur's life shows that every woman is a first lady to God and her family.
JANE HAMPTON COOK is the former webmaster for President George W.Bush. As White House Deputy Director of Internet New Services from 2001-03, she designed President Bush's official White House websites, whitehouse.gov and whitehousekids.gov. She also developed his official government website when he was Governor of Texas.
Today Jane speaks to woman's church groups and professional organizations. Jane is the author of Maggie Houston: My Father's Honor and a contributor to the Points of Light Foundation's Volunteer Leadership Magazine. She is also the senior editor for Baylor University's proposal for the George W.Bush Presidential Library Center. A member of McLean Bible Church, Jane lives with her husband and son in Alexandria, Virginia.
M. F. Escalante5 Stars Out Of 5June 16, 2008M. F. EscalanteExcellent book! The way Jane, the author, brought the woman of Proverbs 31 to life through the lives of the first ladies was unexpected and fascinating. I loved how Jane weaved each story into the next story. I was so impressed with this book I bought a copy for each of my three nieces. Not only will this book give them more insight into our countrys history, but more importantly, it will also teach them what it means to be a woman of noble character.
Christian Teenager5 Stars Out Of 5June 15, 2008Christian TeenagerThis book is delightful and insightful. it not only flawlessly applies Proverbs 31 to the first ladies, but also to your life as an everyday woman trying to glorify God and be the best you can be. It gives you newfound respect for the honorable first ladies, enjoyable short stories, interesting facts, and meaningful applications. You realize the amazing accomplishments of our first ladies and of the woman in Proverbs 31, and, whatever your age, inspires you to persue their path of excellance.