- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 288
Vendor: Penguin Books
Publication Date: 1998
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Mice, Morals, & Monkey Business: Lively Lessons from Aesop's FablesChristopher WormellRunning Press Book Publishers / 2005 / Hardcover$17.06 Retail:
$18.95Save 10% ($1.89)Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW424044
In a series of pithy, amusing vignettes, Aesop created a vivid cast of characters to demonstrate different aspects of human nature. Here we see a wily fox outwitted by a quick-thinking cicada, a tortoise triumphing over a self-confident hare and a fable-teller named Aesop silencing those who mock him. Each jewel-like fable provides a warning about the consequences of wrong-doing, as well as offering a glimpse into the everyday lives of Ancient Greeks.
This definitive edition is the first translation into English of the entire corpus of 358 unbowdlerized fables. It is fully annotated, with an introduction that rescues the fables from a tradition of moralistic interpretation.
Debi K.3 Stars Out Of 5March 17, 2009Debi K.This is a cool book for home schoolers. However, because the book has no index and the fables are not in alphabetical order it is challenging to find a specific fable.
Find Related Products
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Literature
- Children >> Children's Books >> Fiction >> Fairytales Fables & Mythology
- Fiction >> Children >> Fairytales Fables & Mythology
- Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Fiction >> Literature >> Other
- Homeschool >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Other
- Homeschool >> Reading >> Classics
- Start A New Search