- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Bailey Flanigan Collection: Leaving, Learning, Longing, Loving - eBookKaren KingsburyZondervan / 2014 / ePub$29.993.5 Stars Out Of 5 2 ReviewsAvailability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW67300EB
Holman Quicksource Guide to Understanding the Bible - eBookKendell H. EasleyHolman Reference / 2002 / ePub$2.99 Retail:
$9.99Save 70% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW15440EB
The Christmas Story is a beautifully designed eBook that shows how Jesus' birth fulfilled many Old Testament prophecies. The Christmas Story can be read in just 30 minutes and works as a personal study tool, as part of a group Bible study, or you can use the material as a Christmas program script.
The Christmas Story starts with the angelic announcement of John the Baptist's birth, Gabriel's visit to Mary, Mary and Joseph traveling to Nazareth, the birth of Jesus, and the visitation of the shepherds and the Wise Men. The Christmas Story ends with the Gospel story and a forward look toward Christ's second coming.
Questions for Discussion or Journaling as you read The Christmas Story:
1. Read The Advent of Hope section. In the New Testament, John the Baptist fulfills the role of Elijah. What did the ancient biblical prophecies say he would do and why?
2. How did Jesus fulfill Psalm 89:3-4? What is the connection between Jesus and King David?
3. How did Mary respond to the angel's message? How did Joseph respond? How does the Lord deal with our confusion in life?
4. Take a look at the section titled The Advent of Peace. How is Jesus similar and different from Caesar? Think about their status in society, their wealth and power, and their effect on society in the future. Both would bring a kind of peace to the world. How would you describe the differences?
5. Review The Advent of Joy section. As a baby, Jesus had powerful enemies and his life was in danger. How did God protect him? Many people expected Jesus to be the Messiah for the Jewish people only, but God's plan was to bless the entire world. How do we see hints of this in the Scriptures?
The Christmas Story eBook is an excellent personal or group study resource if you want to take a fresh look at the birth of Jesus and the Story of Christmas.