- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Black Friday Deals
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Please Note! This book contains adult subject matter and is not appropriate for children.
Number of Pages: 336
Publication Date: 2007
|Dimensions: 8.00 X 5.31 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Everythingfrom the mundane (the pencil) to the catastrophic (the atom bomb)has an origin, but often its not what we expect. A few things you may not have known:
• Gandhi was married at age thirteen!
• Chinese fortune cookies are an American invention and were not eaten in China until the 1990s when they were advertised as "Genuine American Fortune Cookies."
• Bayer lost the trademark for aspirin (which they had held since 1897) as part of the reparations Germany was forced to pay after World War I.
• The original idea for the electric chair came from an American dentist.
For aspiring mindblowers and wanna-be know-it-alls, The Book of Origins is a treasure trove of trivia and fascinating facts guaranteed to entertain and enlighten.
He tried professional tournament golf in the USA and Europe for a brief period, but boredom set in trying to do for money, what had previously been played for fun. Trevor has lectured to the governing bodies of golf on the way forward in developing the sport, and currently acts as an expert witness in cases of personal injury on golf courses.
He has founded and developed several businesses and been a director of a number of private and public companies. He also ran a large charity at one point in his career. Married with two sons, he now lives in South Staffordshire.
History and interesting facts have fascinated him since schooldays and he has compiled The Book of Origins.