The Blackwell Companion to Catholicism
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
- 1. Catholic Histories includes essays on the major eras of the Catholic story, from Scriptures and the early church through the Middle ages and the Reformation to Modernity and Post-Modernity.
- Catholic Cultures describes Catholics in different lands including the Holy Land, India, and Africa, Europe, the British Isles, Ireland, Latin & North America, Oceania.
- Catholic Practices surveys some of the central catholic practices: spirituality and ecumenism, inter-religious dialogue and Catholic institutions (schools, hospitals, and charitable organizations), art the natural sciences and the holy see.
- Catholic Doctrines has essays on central topics in the practice of Catholic theology and development of doctrine--God and Jesus Christ, creation, Mary, the Church, moral theology, and eschatology
Number of Pages: 544
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Power of One-on-One: Discovering the Joy and Satisfaction of Mentoring OthersJim Stump, Frank MartinBaker Books / 2014 / Trade Paperback$2.99 Retail:
$13.99Save 79% ($11.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW015847
Old Testament Words for Today: 100 Devotional ReflectionsWarren W. WiersbeBaker Books / 2013 / Trade Paperback$2.99 Retail:3 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$12.99Save 77% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW015366
A Perfect Word for Every Occasion: Ideal for: Letters, Receiving Lines, Facebook, Emails, Thank You Notes, Condolences. . . and Much MoreLiz DuckworthBethany House / 2012 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 9 Reviews
$12.99Save 23% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW210228
Discovering Aquinas: An Introduction to His Life, Work, and InfluenceAidan NicholsWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2003 / Trade Paperback$19.99 Retail:
$30.00Save 33% ($10.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW05140
The Cardinals: Thirteen Centuries of the Men Behind the Papal ThroneMichael WalshWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2011 / Trade Paperback$20.70 Retail:
$23.00Save 10% ($2.30)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW829412
- Engages its readers in an informed and informative conversation about Roman Catholic life and thought
- Embraces the local and the global, the past and the present, life and the afterlife, and a broad range of institutions and activities
- Considers both what is distinctive about Catholic life and thought, and how Catholicism overlaps with and transforms other ways of thinking and living
- Topics covered include: peacemaking, violence and wars; money, the vow of poverty and socio-economic life; art by and about Catholics; and men, women and sex
Frederick Christian Bauerschmidt is Associate Professor of Theology at Loyola College in Maryland. He is the author of Julian of Norwich and the Mystical Body Politic of Christ (1999) and Why the Mystics Matter (2003). He is also co-editor of Aquinas in Dialogue (Blackwell, 2004).
Trent Pomplun is an Assistant Professor of Theology at Loyola College in Maryland. A frequent contributor to Pro Ecclesia, Nova et Vetera, and Modern Theology, he writes about late medieval and early modern Catholicism, with special interests in scholasticism, positive theology, and inter-religious dialog.