- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Peacocke's brief sketch of how God and nature and humanity interrelate will prove a nascent classic in the field and a touchstone for further reflection. Led by editor Philip Clayton, respondents include: Nancey Murphy, Ann Pederson, Philip Hefner, John Polkinghorne, Karl E. Peters, Donald M. Braxton, Robert John Russell, Keith Ward, Christopher C. Knight, and Willem B. Drees.
Arthur Peacocke (d. 2006) was most recently a Warden Emeritus at the Society of Ordained Scientists. A biologist, he was also ordained in the Church of England and served as Chaplain and Honorary Canon at Christ Church Cathedral in Oxford. A pioneer in the religion/science field and a recipient of the Templeton Prize in Religion, he is best known for his volume Theology for a Scientific Age and more recently with Ann Pederson, The Music of Creation.
Philip Clayton is Ingraham Professor at the Claremont School of Theology and Professor of Philosophy and Religion at the Claremont Graduate University.
Number of Pages: 219
Vendor: Fortress Press
Publication Date: 2007
Dimensions: 9 X 6 (inches)
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Series: Theology and the Sciences
Theology for a Scientific Age: Being and Becoming --Natural, Divine, and HumanArthur PeacockeAugsburg Fortress / 1993 / Trade Paperback$18.00 Retail:
$20.00Save 10% ($2.00)Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW27598
The Way the World Is: The Christian Perspective of a ScientistJohn PolkinghorneWestminster John Knox Press / 2007 / Trade Paperback$11.49 Retail:
$17.00Save 32% ($5.51)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW232146
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview >> God & Science >> Science
- Academic >> Theology >> Science >> Scientific Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Science >> Studies in Theology & Science
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview >> God & Science >> Science
- Books >> Theology >> Science >> Scientific Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Science >> Studies in Theology & Science
- Start A New Search