- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2009
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Symbolism of the Butterfly, Processing the Experience of Loss & Change: A Creative Counseling Resource - eBookSusan CatlettWestBow Press / 2013 / ePub$3.16 Retail:
$3.95Save 20% ($0.79)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW42995EB
Breaking the Silence: The Church Responds to Domestic Violence - eBookAnne O. WeatherholtMorehouse Publishing / 2008 / ePub$9.14 Retail:
$14.00Save 35% ($4.86)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW41722EB
Ministering to Problem People in Your Church: What to Do With Well-Intentioned Dragons - eBookMarshall ShelleyBethany House / 2013 / ePub$9.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 6 Reviews
$17.00Save 41% ($7.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW40316EB
Blessed Are the Crazy: Breaking the Silence About Mental Illness, Family and Church - eBookSarah Griffith LundChalice Press / 2014 / ePub$9.99 Retail:
$15.99Save 38% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW69452EB
The Messiah Method Counseling System: Power-Life Principles for Daily Living - eBookMarlin LanceWestBow Press / 2014 / ePub$3.19 Retail:
$3.99Save 20% ($0.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW65907EB
Beguiled by Brothers: A Healing Methodology for Pastors Who Deal with Betrayal from Church Members - eBookJoseph NemerWestBow Press / 2013 / ePub$3.16 Retail:
$3.95Save 20% ($0.79)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW42756EB
Healing Your Church Hurt: What To Do When You Still Love God But Have Been Wounded by His People - eBookStephen Mansfield, George BarnaTyndale Momentum / 2012 / ePub$9.04 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 16 Reviews
$13.99Save 35% ($4.95)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW20530EB
Pastors will keep this book--its hints, its chuckles, its struggles--close at hand. You never know when you'll get one of those dreaded questions.
They are always just around the corner. Even when things are going swimmingly for the pastor, a these dreaded questions are waiting in the wings. They might come from a tear-stained child , a gruff, "You'll have to show me" member, or from a desperate Sunday School teacher. The zinger comes and the pastor, aware that two thousand years of Christian thought have not generated a simple "I'm glad you asked" answer, most respond.
The dreaded ten:
(1) Is my Jewish neighbor going to hell?
(2) Why did God let my kitten, Fluffy, die?
(3) What do you mean, you changed the light bulb that Grandma gave the church?
(4) Why doesn't your wife sing in the choir?
(5) Who are you going to vote for, Reverend?
(6) Why are you leaving us for another church? Don't you like us?
(7) Why do you pick hymns no one knows?
(8) Why do we keep sending off money for missions?
(9) Why can't we use Christmas red on the altar table during December?
(10) Are all "acts of God" acts of God?
F. Belton Joyner Jr. is a retired United Methodist pastor and author of The Unofficial UM Handbooks and Being Methodist in the Bible Belt: A Theological Survival Guide for Youth, Parents, and Other Confused Methodists and many other books. Currently, he is a visiting lecturer at Duke Divinity School and member of Judicial Council of The United Methodist Church. He lives in Bahama, North Carolina.
Find Related Products
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Church & Pastoral >> Counseling
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Counseling
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Counseling
- Start A New Search