This book focuses on issues specific to high school age kids, ages fourteen to eighteen. Teens in high school have mainly moved past worrying about puberty and cliques, so stories in this book cover topics of interest to older teens such as sports and clubs, religion and faith, driving, curfews, growing up, self-image and self-acceptance, dating and sex, family relationships, friends, divorce, illness, death, pregnancy, drinking, failure, and preparing for life after high school. High school students will find comfort and inspiration in the words of this book, referring to it through all four years of their high school experience, like a portable support group.
1. This is the first time that Chicken Soup has published separate books for younger teens and older teens, allowing more focus on issues specific to each age group.
2. Parents can be confident that the book their child is reading contains stories suitable for just that age.
3. The line is being updated with new covers, new interior layouts, excellent editing and up-to-date stories. The line is also returning to the core values of its heyday, delivering 101 stories in every book.
4. Chicken Soup for the Soul earned the Guinness World Record for having the most books on the New York Times bestseller list at one time.
5. Last year, USA Today named Chicken Soup for the Soul #5 on its list of 25 books that left a legacy over the past quarter century.
Stories in this book cover topics important to the 14 to 18-year-old range, including regrets and lessons learned, dating and sex, family relationships, applying to college, and preparing for life after high school.
The first Chicken Soup for the Soul book was published in 1993, and became a publishing industry sensation, ultimately selling eight million copies. Since then, more than 150 Chicken Soup titles have been published, selling more than 100 million copies.
Chicken Soup for the Soul has won dozens of awards over the past 15 years, and its founders, Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen have become celebrity motivational speakers and authors.
Jack Canfield is a co-founder of Chicken Soup for the Soul.
Mark Victor Hansen is a co-founder of Chicken Soup for the Soul.
Amy Newmark is publisher, editor-in-chief and coauthor of the Chicken Soup for the Soul book series.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.
Availability: Available to ship on or about 10/07/14. You may order this item now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. If you are charging this purchase to a credit card, you will not be charged for this item and its portion of your shipping charges until it is shipped.