- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
|Publication Date: 2011|
Availability: In Stock
No story has power, nor will it last, unless we feel in ourselves that it is true and true of us. After noting this quote from John Steinbeck's classic novel East of Eden, Steven D. Mathewson writes that Bible stories should lure people into real-life dramas where they run smack into God's assessment of their lives. But too often we reduce stories to a list of principles or commands, robbing them of their rich complexity and ability to touch our lives in a deep way.
This Training Pack contains all of the following:
Title: Once Upon a Story
Deck: Four guidelines for bringing the story to life.
Author: Mark Miller
Title: Stories are for Adults
Deck: How to communicate biblical narratives to adults.
Author: Kent Edwards
Title: Authority and Story
Deck: How can a story be authoritative?
Author: N. T. Wright
Title: Fundamentals of Genre
Deck: How literary style affects the interpretation of Scripture.
Author: David L. Allen
Title: From B.C. to 11 A.M.
Deck: Teach Old Testament narratives with accuracy and power.
Author: Steven D. Mathewson
Title: The Story of God, the Story of Us
Author: interview with Sean Gladding
Find Related Products
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Supplies
- Church & Pastoral >> General
- Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> General
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Handbooks
- Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School >> Teacher Training
- Church Supplies >> Sunday School Supplies
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Sunday School >> Teacher Training
- Start A New Search