CBDReader App for iPod/iPad/iPhone
Using your iPad, you can download the CBDReader App directly from Apple's App Store.
Open the App Store, type 'CBDReader' into the search bar and press 'Search'.
Click 'install' on the CBDReader app or click the name to view more details.
You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID Password.
When the app is finished downloading, the CBDReader icon will appear on your homescreen.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith is a passionate, well-written defense of the historical faith of the Reformed church, as well as a cogent and easily understood look at the issues that shaped and are shaping Christianity. And while Reymond is strongly Reformed, he is not afraid to go against traditional Reformed teaching where he feels it contradicts what the Bible clearly says. The Bible is, and always should be, the final authority on all theological matters, according to Reymond, and we must be willing to let it transform us instead of conforming it to our theology or philosophy.
Reymond examines all the major theological issues. The first part of his theology looks at the authority and inspiration of the Bible. Part two looks at the attributes of God and God's relationship with humanity. Part three focuses on God's eternal plan of salvation and how it has been accomplished. The fourth part covers the founding, development, growth and spread of the church and its government. The fifth, and last, part is, appropriately, about the last things (eschatology). Reymond also includes several appendices dealing with: modern Christologies, the New Testament Antilegomena, the historicity of the conversion of Paul, Anselm's satisfaction view of the atonement, the five points of Calvinism, whom does the man in Romans 7:14-25 represent, and a selected general theological bibliography. Indexes are referenced by Old and New Testament, people, and subjects.
Overall, Reymond's A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith is a powerful and dynamic systematic theology, relying first and foremost on the Bible to answer all questions, and then looking to the foundations and tradition of the Reformed faith. Destined to become the de facto textbook to teach Reformed systematic theology, this book is a valuable asset to any library, particularly a Reformed library.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 1998
Availability: In Stock
A contemporary, foundational statement of classic reformed faith, now revised and updated.
- Comprehensive, coherent, contextual, and conversational
- Scripture-saturated, with more exegesis and more Scripture quotations than other one-volume theologies
- Upholds classic Calvinist positions on baptism, the Trinity, church government, and much more
- Interacts with contemporary issues and the work of other theologians
- Reveals the author's warmth and sensitivity born of more than 25 years as a professor at leading Reformed seminaries
- Numerous appendices covering special topics; abundant resources for further study through footnotes, and a selective bibliography
- A textbook for theology students, a life-long reference for libraries, ministers, teachers, and professional theologians
Angelo BeardMemphis TNAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Must Have for your Systematic StudyApril 23, 2013Angelo BeardMemphis TNAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I have Charles Hodge's 3 vol. and I bought the e-book of Dr.Reymond one of the past and one of the current, it is good to know that good teaching that lines up with the spirit of God is yet here with us. If you don't have this in your library it is short another great Man of God. Sound and solid !!!
Find Related Products
- Download >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Systematic Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- eBooks >> Theology >> Systematic Theology
- eBooks >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians
- eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Start A New Search