How to Survive in a World of Unbelievers: Jesus' Words of Encouragement on the Night Before His Death
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 184
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2001
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Do You Believe? Study Guide: A 4-Week Study Based on the Major Motion PictureOutreach Inc / 2015 / Trade Paperback$6.49 Retail:
$8.99Save 28% ($2.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW027157Video
Seduction of The Saints: Staying Pure in a World of DeceptionCharles CrismierElijah Books / 2008 / Trade Paperback$16.19 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$17.99Save 10% ($1.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW842847
Yes, Your Marriage Can Be Saved: 12 Truths for Rescuing Your RelationshipJoe Williams, Michelle WilliamsTyndale House / 2007 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 13 Reviews
$14.99Save 20% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW973817
Think Biblically: Recovering a Christian WorldviewEdited by John MacArthurCrossway / 2009 / Trade Paperback$14.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$21.99Save 32% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW503986
So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us, HardcoverBeth MooreTyndale House / 2010 / Hardcover$16.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 98 Reviews
$24.99Save 34% ($8.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW334721Video
How should Christians conduct themselves in an increasingly secular society?
Jesus answered this troubling question on the eve of His death with some of the most poignant, powerful teaching in His entire ministry. During those hours He taught His apostles and, consequently, all believers throughout history, How To Survive in a World of Unbelievers.
Respected pastor, teacher, and author John MacArthur, plumbs the depths of Jesus' final words of encouragement to us, based on John 13-16. By studying this valuable book, you will find answers to these and other difficult questions:
- How can you remain pure-hearted and spiritually sound in a church seemingly full of hypocrites?
- How do you help your children stay morally pure when they want to "fit in" with school friends who prefer objectionable activites?
- How can you keep your family anchored to Christ in a society that is drifting far away from His teaching on family issues, such as divorce, homosexuality and abortion?
- How do you retain your Christian ethics when you boss asks you to lie or cheat?
- How can you keep your life focused on glorifying Christ in a society that proclaims self, pride, and personal achievement as marks of success?
John MacArthur is the pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, president of the Masters College and Seminary, and featured teacher with the Grace to You media ministry. In more than four decades of ministry, John has written dozens of bestselling books, including The MacArthur Study Bible, The Gospel According to Jesus, and Slave. He lives in Los Angeles.
Allen HayniePasadena, TXAge: 55-65Gender: Male4 Stars Out Of 5How to survive in a world of unbelievers by John MacArthurMarch 26, 2016Allen HayniePasadena, TXAge: 55-65Gender: MaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5John MacArthur begins his book, How to survive in a world of unbelievers, by teaching that all Christians should develop a humble servants heart. If we want to begin to understand how we conduct ourselves in this world, a humble servant heart is where it begins. We are to remain pure hearted and show spiritual prudence in a world that glorifies those who are full of self and full of pride. We must surrender ourselves to the Holy Spirit and allow Gods will to work in our life. One of the character traits of the true Christian is someone who is absorbed with Gods glory. We give God glory by witnessing and loving one another (by showing and developing the fruit of the spirit). In this we can trust God to fulfill His promises to us and our love for God is demonstrated by our obedience to His Word. Our obedience confirms our standing with God.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Business & Careers >> Business & Faith
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Biblical Figures
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Biblical Figures
- Start A New Search