The Surge: Churches Catching the Wave of Christ's Love for the Nations
Email me when this product is available.
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Deliberate Simplicity: How the Church Does More by Doing LessDavid BrowningZondervan / 2009 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$18.99Save 32% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW285670
Servolution: Starting a Church Revolution Through ServingDino RizzoZondervan / 2009 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$18.99Save 32% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW287636
According to the way that we normally measure success and progress, things seem to be going in the wrong direction, writes author Pete Briscoe. Western Christianity, as a whole, is losing ground. The data indicates that the North American church is following the footsteps of our European spiritual ancestors into post-Christian society. Briscoe calls this time in history Dry Lands. And its symptoms include Christians feeling spiritually thirsty and tired, like theyve been wandering through brush and thistles. They may even start to wonder, Does it really matter? Is it really worth it? Pete and his wife felt that way. After a particularly difficult year, they were just about ready to call it quits. With refreshing candor, Briscoe asks, Dont we all draw back and question the very premise of our faith? How about you? Are you experiencing your own trial in the dry land of life? If so, youre not alone. But take heart. Help is on the way. According to Briscoe, theres a flood coming. A flood of Gods Spirit to rain down on this world. A tsunami of praise thats rising up across the globe. For the sake of your soul and the strength of your church, its time to be submerged in the life-giving waters of Gods global passions, he writes. The Surge provides encouragement and hope to Christians who feel too weary to continue. Its a book for people who live in a dry land and desperately need God to refresh them.
Darlene HudsonOregonAge: Over 65Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5Missions are a focused life style, a choiceDecember 17, 2012Darlene HudsonOregonAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This information with the excellent use of examples to illustrate how to live your testimony of who Jesus is, where he is and why he came, as well as how we are to live until he comes back for His church. I believe we need to keep the message simple and allow the Holy Spirit to move the hearts.
We need to show the world what love looks like by living it.
Prepare one self for the persecution by satan that comes with the choice to live this, by being in fellowship for coverage and constant prayer. This was my first read by Pete Briscoe and it was empowering.
Other Customers Also Purchased
|Email me when this product is available.|
Find Related Products
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Discipleship
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Missions
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Discipleship
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> The Church & Missions
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Discipleship
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Missions
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search