- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
In this six-session video series, Jesus, Bombs, and Ice Cream, author and activist Shane Claiborne - alongside Ben Cohen, co-founder of Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream - guides you on the audacious journey of creating a world filled with peace by ending violence wherever we can. This study guide reinforces the DVD lessons.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
Availability: In Stock
Nearly 2,000 years ago, Jesus urged his followers to live a life of love and peace. And he was willing to come to Earth to live, die and rise again to make this a reality. In this six-session study, author and activist Shane Claiborne guides on the audacious journey of creating a world filled with peace, with the goal of ending violence wherever we can. As a Christian, Shane loves the resurrection because it's the promise that love can conquer hatred and life can conquer death. Shane believes that we all share this vision of a world, one in which love triumphs over hatred, life conquers death, and we practice the resurrection every day.
A couple of years ago Ben Cohen, co-founder of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, and Shane Clairborne crossed paths. Ben said to Shane, "I have read your books, and I like what I see." Shane said to Ben, "I have eaten your ice cream, and I like what I taste." They started dreaming and scheming...and Jesus, Bombs, and Ice Cream was born.
A host of talented firends have joined Shane and Ben for the video extravaganza, adding their gifts and imaginations to the growing movement of people who want to live in a world with fewer bombs and more ice cream. This participant's guide is packed full of stories, quotes, reflections and questions for groups and individuals to discuss and discern how they can help make a more peaceful world a reality. Designed for use with the video.
Shane Claiborne is an activist, author of Jesus for President, coauthor of Common Prayer, and is a founder of The Simple Way, a community in inner-city Philadelphia that has helped birth and connect radical faith communities around the world.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Start A New Search