- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
A key figure during the Great Awakening, Jonathan Edwards wrote this important discourse, The Distinguishing Marks of a Work of the Spirit of God, in 1741, just after the revival had reached its peak. In his thorough exploration of the true and false signs of revival, drawn from 1 John 4, Edwards concludes that while a movement may be accompanied by excesses and questionable actions, these signs do not necessarily disqualify it as authentic.
In a refreshing way Edwards embraces a genuine enthusiasm in these manifestations while stressing the need for biblical discernment. His critique is kind and gentle as he points to the true marks of revival: love and humility. In The Spirit of Revival, Parrish makes Edwards's entire work more accessible by modernizing the text and adding explanatory notes. R. C. Sproul's extended introduction compares the great theologian's time to our own, and the preface by Edwards's contemporary William Cooper rings resoundingly to the people of God today.
Edwards's message provides more than just insight into the Great Awakening. It is a map to follow for all revivals in all times.
Find Related Products
- Download >> Church History
- Download >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Historical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians
- eBooks >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- eBooks >> Theology >> Historical Theology
- eBooks >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians
- Start A New Search