- All Products
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
Number of Pages: 240
Vendor: Howard Books
Publication Date: 2009
|Dimensions: 8.44 X 5.50 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Real Solutions for Busy Moms: Unabridged Audiobook on CDKathy IrelandSave 30%
Restoring The Christian Family: A Biblical Guide to Love, Marriage, and Parenting in a Changing WorldJohn L. SandfordSave 20%
As the involved mom of three very active children, the supportive wife of an emergency room doctor, and a dynamic businesswoman, Kathy knows of these struggles firsthand. She credits her strong faith in God and her parents' love and support for any success she has today and dedicates her days to finding the solutions that can make life easier for busy moms in all phases of life. As she tackles the tough financial concerns families feel today and many other issues, Kathy offers empathy and encouragement. She shares stories from her own life and wisdom she has gained through her years from teenager with a paper route to successful supermodel to mom to entrepreneur with a dream for big business big business which was realized by building what Forbes now calls the "Billion Dollar Brand."
UCLA names Kathy one of the Top Ten Women's Health Advocates in America today. Kathy is named the mother of the year by the National Mothers Day Committee. Kathy is a Christian, wife and mother of three children. Kathy balances the responsibilities of building a brand with five Good Housekeeping Seals and what Forbes and the Wall Street Journal report as a 1.4 billion dollar design business. Honoring her priorities of faith, family and career are critical to Kathy.
1. Both financial success or failure can cause stress to marriages, some evern to fall apart. Based on Kathy's suggestions in the book, what strategies can you use to safe guard your marriage? What strategy can you share that you have done already?
2. Kathy is a very successful business woman, but her faith and family always come first. Share a time when you struggled with achieving success as a mom and a business woman.
3. Credit card debt has huge effects on our society. What are some ways you can monitor your credit card debt? What are ways you can teach your children how to be responsible credit card users?
4. Most Americas equate happiness with material possessions. What makes you happy?
5. God is pleased when He sees His children happy, but he rejoices when He see them act in a holy way. Do you agree with this and how do you live it out?
6. Share one thing you have done to your personal space to make it personal?
7. Try the recipe on page 111 for dinner one night. Share how your family responded to it. Was it easy to follow?
8. Protecting our children is a job most moms take very seriously. What has changed in your lifetime that make you feel that your children are not as safe as you were as a child?
9. Without getting paranoid about it, write down some things you could do to make your home a safer place to live.
10. Are you willing to be "uncomfortable" as Kathy suggests to insure your child's safety while being around other families? How have you handled the dilemma of "checking out" a child's family your child wants to go visit?
11. Do you still have dreams that you haven't fulfilled? Share one with the group. What keeps you from going after your dream? What steps, even if small, can you take toward accomplishing your dream?
12. Tell about your faith-journey. Who was the most influential person in your life? Do you desire to pass your faith on to your children? If yes, what steps are you taking to make this desire a reality?
"Beautiful and successful Kathy Ireland wows us again with this new book. It is such a joy to watch Kathy Ireland share her unwavering commitment to marriage, family, country, and faith. Kathy Ireland has kept as her top priority the role of wife and mother. She is a unique and dynamic role model for all of America. We are proud to call her a loving friend." -- Arvella and Dr. Robert H. Schuller, founding pastor of the Crystal Cathedral
"I love Kathy. She's brilliant. Kathy's important new book helps moms, grandmothers and all leaders! Once you become a mom, you never stop. Kathy's kindness must not be mistaken for weakness. Her strength and wisdom are helpful in solving any problem." -- Elizabeth Taylor
"Kathy Ireland's life is noteworthy not only for her long-standing career as a successful model and businesswoman, but for her balance of that, along with her home life. This book is a real winner for busy moms! Who wouldn't want to get balance and order back into their lives? Kathy will show you how to do that in every area no matter your starting point, age, or educational background. When our life's activities are managed in the right perspective, the intention God has for our lives can be more fully realized." -- Nick Vujicic, president and founder of Life Without Limbs
"Kathy Ireland has more irons in the fire than Ironman. She should be called Ironwoman. I admire how she does it all and does it all so well." -- Kathie Lee Gifford
"Working women are always looking for support and tips for prioritizing family, without sacrificing career. Kathy Ireland is a great example to all of us who seek that balance." -- Patricia Heaton
"Kathy Ireland not only poses unique personal gifts...she encourages us to help others and to inspire. Follow her leadership, you who are pioneers for change." -- Eunice Kennedy Schriver
"The education and development of our youth is our most vital responsibility. Since 1990, Kathy Ireland has provided support to the single mothers facing the challenges of teen pregnancy. I applaud her efforts to keep youth on a positive track. Please accept my best wishes for every future success." -- Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Other Customers Also Purchased
Find Related Products
- Books >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books >> Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Balanced Living
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Family >> Motherhood
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Balanced Living
- Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search