- All Products
- Children's Books× (30,652)
- ABC's & 123's
- Bedtime Stories
- Bible Reference
- Bible Related
- Bible Studies
- Board Books
- Character & Social Skills
- Christian Living
- Comics / Graphic Novels
- Emotional Issues
- Family Life
- Interactive Books
- Leveled Readers
- Leveled Readers-Bible Based
- Non-Fiction Books
- Nursery Rhymes / Poetry
- Picture Books
- Soft Books
- Children's Books× (30,652)
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Vendor: Gryphon House
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
The Struggle to Be Strong: True Stories by Teens about Overcoming Tough Times; Leader's Guide, Grades 7-12Al Desetta, Keith Hefner, Sybil WolinFree Spirit Publishing / 2000 / Trade Paperback$17.99 Retail:
$24.95Save 28% ($6.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW420805
Keeping Your Child in Mind: Overcoming Defiance, Tantrums, and Other Everyday Behavior Problems by Seeing the World through Your Child's EyesClaudia M. GoldDa Capo Press / 2011 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:
$15.00Save 20% ($3.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW214856
Now more than ever, adults must help children develop the skills necessary to navigate successfully through life. By focusing on building social and emotional strength, adults increase children's resilience and prepare them to handle the challenges in life.
The strategies and activities in Socially Strong, Emotionally Secure provide teachers with the tools they need to help children become socially and emotionally healthy for life. Organized into five chapters, the activities support and build resilience in children ages three to eight.
- Supportive Interactions: activities to nurture the bonds of trust between children and adults
- Home and School Partnerships: expanding activities and experiences from the classroom into the home
- Activities and Experiences: activities that focus on open-ended thinking, physical activity, and social and emotional learning
- Daily Routines: strategies to foster a sense of belonging and community, cooperative participation, and engaged learning
- Environment: creating environments that are designed to maximize learning and personal growth
For children, living and learning are a seamless web. The activities in Socially Strong, Emotionally Secure offer a way to help children live and learn their way into social and emotional resilience, while having fun in the process!
Karen B. Cairone: Karen B. Cairone, M.Ed., is a graduate of Lafayette College and received her Master's degree in Education from Rutgers University. She is Special Projects/Trainer for the Devereux Early Childhood Initiative, where she is responsible for resource development, serves as editor of the national newsletter, and works on various other special projects for DECI. She is the co-writer and co-producer of the Facing the Challenge DVDs, Classroom Moments DVD and accompanying training, and the co-author of For Now and Forever: A Family Guide for the Social and Emotional Development of Infants and Toddlers.