Skills for Literary Analysis, Student/Teacher Pack
Email me when this product is available.
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Emphasizing the importance of evaluating worldview, assignments often ask students to evaluate the perspectives of the characters and authors in the writing. Students will also study and analyze literary elements such as plot, setting, characters, writing style, allegory, dialogue, and other components of excellent writing.
Thirty-four weekly chapters include four lessons each (45-60 minutes) with objectives and concept-building exercises; a writing assignment is due at the end of the week, which students are encouraged to polish for inclusion in a final portfolio. Daily "concept builders" emphasize a concept important to the chapter topic through graphic organizers and reading exercises. Students are also encouraged to write in a prayer journal each day, to create vocabulary cards for challenging words, and discuss the week's literary term with parents/educators.
NIV Scripture used. With all assignments completed, this course equals 1 writing and 1 literature credit. 381 pages, softcover. Junior High: Grades 7-8.
The included teacher's guide includes the reproduced student text with the correct answers inserted. Chapter tests are included in the back. A chart for recording essay grades is also included. Pages are loose-leaf and three-hole-punched.
This course requires the following books:
- The Call of the Wild, by Jack London
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain
- Idylls of the King by Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Silas Marner by George Eliot
- The Religious Life of a Negro by Booker T. Washington
- Anne of Green Gables by L. Maude Montgomery
- Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott
- Shane by Jack Warner Schaefer
- A Midsummer's Night Dream by William Shakespeare
This kit includes:
- Skills for Literary Analysis Student Book
- Skills for Literary Analysis Teacher Guide
This Product Contains The Following Items
|Skills For Literary Analysis: Lessons in Assessing Writing Structures, Student||Not available|
|Skills For Literary Analysis: Lessons in Assessing Writing Structures, Teacher||Available|
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Mystery of History Volume 4: Wars of Independence to Modern TimesLinda Lacour HobarBright Ideas Press / 2014 / Hardcover$59.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$74.95Save 20% ($14.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW664004
Windows to the World: An Introduction to Literary Analysis KitLesha MyersInstitute For Excellence In Writing / Trade Paperback$49.00Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW411039
|Email me when this product is available.|
Find Related Products
Here at Christianbook.com, we offer thousands of quality curriculums, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call 1-800-788-1221.