Email me when this product is available.
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
In This Series
Emphasizing the importance of evaluating worldview, assignments often ask students to evaluate the perspectives of the characters and authors in the writing. Students will also study and analyze literary elements such as plot, setting, characters, writing style, allegory, dialogue, and other components of excellent writing.
Thirty-four weekly chapters include four lessons each (45-60 minutes) with objectives and concept-building exercises; a writing assignment is due at the end of the week, which students are encouraged to polish for inclusion in a final portfolio. Daily "concept builders" emphasize a concept important to the chapter topic through graphic organizers and reading exercises. Students are also encouraged to write in a prayer journal each day, to create vocabulary cards for challenging words, and discuss the week's literary term with parents/educators.
NIV Scripture used. With all assignments completed, this course equals 1 writing and 1 literature credit. 381 pages, softcover. Junior High: Grades 7-8.
The included teacher's guide includes the reproduced student text with the correct answers inserted. Chapter tests are included in the back. A chart for recording essay grades is also included. Pages are loose-leaf and three-hole-punched.
This course requires the following books:
- The Call of the Wild, by Jack London
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain
- Idylls of the King by Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Silas Marner by George Eliot
- The Religious Life of a Negro by Booker T. Washington
- Anne of Green Gables by L. Maude Montgomery
- Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott
- Shane by Jack Warner Schaefer
- A Midsummer's Night Dream by William Shakespeare
This kit includes:
- Skills for Literary Analysis Student Book
- Skills for Literary Analysis Teacher Guide
This Product Contains The Following Items
|Skills For Literary Analysis: Lessons in Assessing Writing Structures, Student||Available|
|Skills For Literary Analysis: Lessons in Assessing Writing Structures, Teacher||Not available|
Windows to the World: An Introduction to Literary Analysis KitLesha MyersInstitute For Excellence In Writing$49.00Availability: Expected to ship on or about 03/27/15.CBD Stock No: WW411039
Other Customers Also Purchased
Studies in World History Volume 1 (Teacher Guide): Creation Through the Age of Discovery (4004 BC to AD 1500) - PDF Download [Download]James StobaughMaster Books / 2014 / PDF Download$5.69 Retail:
$7.99Save 29% ($2.30)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW26119DFVideo
|Email me when this product is available.|