- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Mama Made The Difference: Life Lessons My Mother Taught Me - eBookT.D. JakesBerkley / 2006 / ePub$12.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW47241EB
My Single Mom Life: Stories and Practical Lessons for Your Journey - eBookAngela ThomasThomas Nelson / 2008 / ePub$7.995 Stars Out Of 5 15 ReviewsAvailability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW5455EB
Mi Vida Como Madre Soltera (My Single Mom Life) - eBookAngela ThomasGrupo Nelson / 2008 / ePub$9.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW5402EB
Ayudenme! Estoy criando a mis hijos sola: Una guia practica para la crianza de ninos felices y sanos por un solo padre - eBookT.D. JakesCasa Creacion / 2013 / ePub$6.90 Retail:
$10.99Save 37% ($4.09)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW43661EB
The Unseen Companion: God With the Single Mother - eBookMichelle Lynn SentersMoody Publishers / 2017 / ePub$7.99 Retail:
$9.99Save 20% ($2.00)Availability: This product will be released on 02/07/17.CBD Stock No: WW86692EB
Help and Hope for the Single Parent / New edition - eBookTony EvansMoody Publishers / 2014 / ePub$3.90 Retail:
$5.99Save 35% ($2.09)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW43194EB
onedesertroseSt. Paul, MNAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5"Practical Help for Single Moms"December 2, 2010onedesertroseSt. Paul, MNAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5In Teresa Whitehurst's book, God Loves Single Moms, her subtitle says it all: â€˜Practical Help for Finding Confidence, Strength, and Hope.' I found Teresa's book to be a concise, yet elaborate book on assisting single moms. Some of the areas she touches on are as follows:
* How to cultivate and embrace the necessary leadership skills as a single mom
* Surviving or Thriving questions to evaluate your attitude and expectations
* Setting short- and long-term goals for her personal and her family's growth
* Finding the courage to ask for what she needs from others
* How to recognize her child's physical, spiritual, and psychological needs
* Devising a behavioral plan for her children and effective ways to discipline, which includes tips for guiding your child toward good behavior and self-discipline
* Evaluate her financial situation and make plans for saving and money-management
* Learning to nurture her dreams for the future
* Becoming aware of any unrealistic expectations readers may be placing on themselves
* Identifying helpful vs. unhelpful guilt and worry
* Three tough questions your child may ask after divorce
I think one of the most important sections is "The Single Mother's Inventory," which Teresa incorporates throughout her book. Some of the sections include:
1. Your psychological, emotional, and physical health, as well as your energy level.
2. Your child care support network
3. Your relationship with your child, as well as their father
4. All about your child
Number four is so inclusive and intimate in learning about your child(ren)'s needs, personality, goals, dreams, etc. What a wonderful concept, single or two-parent household!
This book would be great for a single mom's study group, a church group for single parents, or for people mentoring single moms. I could easily recommend this book to every single mom, but I wouldn't stop there. This is a book that any household could use! It's NOT just for single moms, but it is specially meant for them as they struggle without their mate in raising their children alone.
Teresa stresses the need for prayer, knowing that God is there to guide and assist, and includes a prayer at the end of each chapter. The Scripture references are pertinent to the subjects delineated. They are truth, and encourage the single mom to trust in God. I'd rate it a 4.9 out of 5.0!
This book was provided by Donna Hausler of Baker Publishing Group in exchange for my honest review.
Q: Would this book be appropriate for a non-believing single mom?
A non-believing single mom could benefit from many of the principles put forth in this book. As always, we recommend taking advantage of the 'Google Preview' and 'Free eBook Sample' available on our website to determine whether this book would be appropriate for your situation.