- All Products
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
St. Paul, MNAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5"Practical Help for Single Moms"December 2, 2010St. Paul, MNAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5
In Teresa Whitehurstâ€™s book, God Loves Single Moms, her subtitle says it all: â€˜Practical Help for Finding Confidence, Strength, and Hope.â€™ I found Teresaâ€™s book to be a concise, yet elaborate book on assisting single moms. Some of the areas she touches on are as follows:
* How to cultivate and embrace the necessary leadership skills as a single mom
* Surviving or Thriving questions to evaluate your attitude and expectations
* Setting short- and long-term goals for her personal and her familyâ€™s growth
* Finding the courage to ask for what she needs from others
* How to recognize her childâ€™s physical, spiritual, and psychological needs
* Devising a behavioral plan for her children and effective ways to discipline, which includes tips for guiding your child toward good behavior and self-discipline
* Evaluate her financial situation and make plans for saving and money-management
* Learning to nurture her dreams for the future
* Becoming aware of any unrealistic expectations readers may be placing on themselves
* Identifying helpful vs. unhelpful guilt and worry
* Three tough questions your child may ask after divorce
I think one of the most important sections is â€œThe Single Motherâ€™s Inventory,â€ which Teresa incorporates throughout her book. Some of the sections include:
1. Your psychological, emotional, and physical health, as well as your energy level.
2. Your child care support network
3. Your relationship with your child, as well as their father
4. All about your child
Number four is so inclusive and intimate in learning about your child(ren)â€™s needs, personality, goals, dreams, etc. What a wonderful concept, single or two-parent household!
This book would be great for a single momâ€™s study group, a church group for single parents, or for people mentoring single moms. I could easily recommend this book to every single mom, but I wouldnâ€™t stop there. This is a book that any household could use! Itâ€™s NOT just for single moms, but it is specially meant for them as they struggle without their mate in raising their children alone.
Teresa stresses the need for prayer, knowing that God is there to guide and assist, and includes a prayer at the end of each chapter. The Scripture references are pertinent to the subjects delineated. They are truth, and encourage the single mom to trust in God. Iâ€™d rate it a 4.9 out of 5.0!
This book was provided by Donna Hausler of Baker Publishing Group in exchange for my honest review.
Q: Would this book be appropriate for a non-believing single mom?
Other Customers Also Purchased
Help I'm Raising My Children-Rev.: A guide for single parents and those who sometimes feel they are single - eBookT.D. JakesCharisma House / 2011 / ePub$7.69 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$9.99Save 23% ($2.30)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW21540EB
Find Related Products
- Download >> Family
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting
- Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- Family >> Parenting >> Single Parenting
- eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Single Parenting
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search