- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
ChristianBook eBooks on nook
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your nook device, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
Plug your nook into the computer and open Adobe Digital Editions.
If this is your first time plugging your nook into ADE, you will need to authorize your nook in order add eBooks.
Once plugged in, your nook will be displayed in the left column of Adobe Digital Editions under the Bookshelves.
When you've chose an eBook that you wish to add to your nook, click and drag the eBook over the nook icon and let go when you see the green plus symbol.
After you've added your eBooks to your nook, you can unplug the device from your computer and access your Library.
To access your Christianbook.com licensed eBooks, first click the orange "My Library" button on the nook home screen to access your eBooks.
Next, click on "View My Documents" at the bottom of your nook's navigation screen.
Use the arrows to browse and then click the circle on the right side to select your eBook.
You are now ready to enjoy your eBook!
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
#4: 1st Chronicles Thru Job - Timeless Stories and Life LessonsTremper Longman IIIBarbour / 2009 / Trade Paperback$1.49 Retail:
$9.99Save 85% ($8.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW897709
KJV Life in the Spirit Study Bible, Hardcover (Previously titled The Full Life Study Bible)BibleZondervan / 2003 / Hardcover$18.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 151 Reviews
$29.99Save 38% ($11.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW27572
Quicknotes Simplified Bible Commentary Vol. 5: Psalms thru Song of SolomonTremper Longman IIIBarbour / 2010 / Trade Paperback$1.49 Retail:
$9.99Save 85% ($8.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW897716
onedesertroseSt. Paul, MNAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5"Practical Help for Single Moms"December 2, 2010onedesertroseSt. Paul, MNAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5In Teresa Whitehurst's book, God Loves Single Moms, her subtitle says it all: â€˜Practical Help for Finding Confidence, Strength, and Hope.' I found Teresa's book to be a concise, yet elaborate book on assisting single moms. Some of the areas she touches on are as follows:
* How to cultivate and embrace the necessary leadership skills as a single mom
* Surviving or Thriving questions to evaluate your attitude and expectations
* Setting short- and long-term goals for her personal and her family's growth
* Finding the courage to ask for what she needs from others
* How to recognize her child's physical, spiritual, and psychological needs
* Devising a behavioral plan for her children and effective ways to discipline, which includes tips for guiding your child toward good behavior and self-discipline
* Evaluate her financial situation and make plans for saving and money-management
* Learning to nurture her dreams for the future
* Becoming aware of any unrealistic expectations readers may be placing on themselves
* Identifying helpful vs. unhelpful guilt and worry
* Three tough questions your child may ask after divorce
I think one of the most important sections is "The Single Mother's Inventory," which Teresa incorporates throughout her book. Some of the sections include:
1. Your psychological, emotional, and physical health, as well as your energy level.
2. Your child care support network
3. Your relationship with your child, as well as their father
4. All about your child
Number four is so inclusive and intimate in learning about your child(ren)'s needs, personality, goals, dreams, etc. What a wonderful concept, single or two-parent household!
This book would be great for a single mom's study group, a church group for single parents, or for people mentoring single moms. I could easily recommend this book to every single mom, but I wouldn't stop there. This is a book that any household could use! It's NOT just for single moms, but it is specially meant for them as they struggle without their mate in raising their children alone.
Teresa stresses the need for prayer, knowing that God is there to guide and assist, and includes a prayer at the end of each chapter. The Scripture references are pertinent to the subjects delineated. They are truth, and encourage the single mom to trust in God. I'd rate it a 4.9 out of 5.0!
This book was provided by Donna Hausler of Baker Publishing Group in exchange for my honest review.
Q: Would this book be appropriate for a non-believing single mom?
A non-believing single mom could benefit from many of the principles put forth in this book. As always, we recommend taking advantage of the 'Google Preview' and 'Free eBook Sample' available on our website to determine whether this book would be appropriate for your situation.