- All Products
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
ChristianBook eBooks on the Sony Reader
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your Sony device, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
Without using ADE, the Sony Reader will attempt to open eBooks with its own software, the Reader Library, and you may receive an error message.
To bypass the Sony Reader Library, return to the eBook portion of 'My Account' on our site, and click to download the eBook again.
When the Adobe Digital Editions installer comes up, click on 'Download Item.'
If you are downloading a DRM Protected eBook, you will be prompted to open or save the URLLINK.acsm. Click 'Save'.
Save the file to your Desktop for quick access later.
Right-click on the URLLINK file, then select 'Open With' and choose Adobe Digital Editions.
If Adobe Digital Editions is not in the list, click 'Choose Default Program' and then select Adobe Digital Editions from the list.
Your eBook will open and display in ADE.
Plug in your Sony Reader, which will now display its model number and not just as Sony Reader.
Now just click, drag and drop your eBook onto the Sony Reader icon.
You can now eject your Sony Reader, open up the Books library and your eBook is ready to read.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: WaterBrook Press
Publication Date: 2009
Availability: In Stock
Series: Every Man
Powerful ammunition for your war against sexual temptation.
As a man, youre bombarded by sexual images and battle inner urges. You want to do rightin fact, you want to meet Gods standard of avoiding any hint of sexual immorality. But accomplishing that goal is a challenge.
If you are a single man struggling to remain sexually pure, you are not alone
theres practical, hard-hitting help from the authors of the blockbuster Every Man Series. Every Single Mans Battle guides youor your mens groupthrough an honest and clear exploration of Gods Word. Youll undertake a personal journey into key scriptures, wrestle with questions for reflection and examination, and discover the practical tools and biblical strategies you need to live the pure life God calls you toeven while living in a sexually-soaked culture.
Make a frontal assault on the temptation every single man faces. This book provides all the resources you need.
Now includes the workbook!
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Fred Stoeker is an author and conference speaker who challenges people to become sexually pure and to connect in true intimate relationships with their Father in heaven and their spouses and children on earth. Fred has written several books, including the best-selling Every Mans series and his most recent book for single men, Hero, cowritten with his son Jasen. Fred and his wife, Brenda, live in Iowa.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
"There is no more common enemy of true manhood than the diversion or the perversion of our sexual capacities. I welcome every contribution to the arsenal of resistance."
JACKW. HAYFORD, LITTD, founding pastor of the Church on theWay and chancellor of The Kings University
"This book will revolutionize the marriage of every man who reads it. Why? Because every man battles sexual temptations and every marriage grows stronger when these temptations are defeated. The vulnerable, honest, and insightful pages of this book reveal what every man must know."
DRS. LES AND LESLIE PARROTT, authors of Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts
"This timely resource presents clear practical principles for sexual purity. Arterburn and Stoeker call for courage, commitment, and self-discipline as they lead men into a more successful relationship with God, family, and spouse. This book is truly for every man."
DR. JOHN C. MAXWELL, founder of EQUIP
"God has used Steve Arterburn countless times to impact my heart and life; I am thankful for him and his investment in Every Mans Battle. I am also grateful for Fred Stoeker. Fred pours himself into this book with honesty, vulnerability, and a practical strategy to fight the good fight. He offers biblical truth and hope to anyone with ears to hear how to battle the war of sexual temptation. Read with an open heartEvery Mans Battle may save your marriage and your witness."
DR. GARY ROSBERG, president of Americas Family Coaches and coauthor of Guard Your Heart and The Five Love Needs of Men and Women
"Every Young Mans Battle does the best job I have ever seen on the subject of sexual temptation. Once upon a time we lived in a world that didnt talk about secrets, and that world has brought us to the mess we are in today. Young men must have an honest, blunt, and unashamedly Christian look at their sexuality. This book will save thousands of future marriages."
JIM BURNS, president of HomeWord
From the Trade Paperback edition.
scoueyAtlanta, GAAge: 35-44Gender: male3 Stars Out Of 5â€œEvery Single Manâ€™s Battleâ€ Has The Best Of IntentAugust 16, 2011scoueyAtlanta, GAAge: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3
About a year ago, I read â€œEvery Manâ€™s Battleâ€ by Stephen Arterburn and Fred Stoeker with Mike Yorkey. I read the book with six other guys in a single menâ€™s small group through my church. The overall message was much appreciated, but we found out the book was geared more toward married men. When I found out about â€œEvery Single Manâ€™s Battleâ€ (by the same authors) I was very excited, that was until I actually read the book. To my dismay, I was disappointed for a few reasons.
1) â€œEvery Single Manâ€™s Battleâ€ constantly refers to â€œEvery Manâ€™s Battle.â€ What gets me is there wasnâ€™t a whole lot of information from that book that was geared toward single men. They should have just taken what little information that was for single men in â€œEvery Manâ€™s Battleâ€ and just put the information in â€œEvery Single Manâ€™s Battleâ€ instead of saying â€œread chapters 1-5 of Every Manâ€™s Battle.â€ Itâ€™s like the sole purpose they did this was to sell more books and I have a big problem with that.
2) The authorâ€™s writing style was a little bothersome as well. Everything was â€œyou need to doâ€¦â€ or â€œyou shouldâ€¦â€ which comes across as if the authors were not single men, but married men who are not currently experiencing the whole issues trying to be a sexually pure single adult male. I would have liked it a lot more if the authors changed the wording to â€œwe as single Christian men shouldâ€¦â€ or â€œwe shouldâ€¦â€ that way it doesnâ€™t come across like the authors have no idea what single men are going through or like they donâ€™t sympathize for them.
3) This book is better suited as a small group study curriculum, otherwise it is a very difficult read.
The message of the book is a good one that is definitely need for all single Christian men and I found several take away items including:
* â€œActually, sexual impurity is a series of bad decisions on our part â€“ as a result of immature character â€“ and deliverance wonâ€™t deliver you into instant maturity. Character work needs to be done.â€
* Our sexuality is not just about obeying Godâ€™s commands but also a way to honor our relationship with Him.
* â€œWhen you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.â€ â€“ 1 Corinthians 10:13
* â€œBeing about our Fatherâ€™s business is our rite of passage into manhood.â€
* Single men should not live alone, but have at least one male roommate to help provide accountability in the area of sexual temptation.
I definitely recommend this book (with the above disclaimers) and even though it is a challenge at times to abide by this, the long term rewards are well worth it.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Jesus Calling Devotional Bible, NKJV: Enjoying Peace in His Presence - eBookThomas Nelson / 2011 / ePub$4.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 52 Reviews
$19.99Save 75% ($15.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW23272EB
Know Your Bible: All 66 Books Explained and AppliedPaul KentBarbour Value Books / 2008 / Mass Paperback$1.19 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 928 Reviews
$1.49Save 20% ($0.30)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW600150