- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: WaterBrook Press
Publication Date: 2009
Availability: In Stock
Series: Every Man
Powerful ammunition for your war against sexual temptation.
As a man, youre bombarded by sexual images and battle inner urges. You want to do rightin fact, you want to meet Gods standard of avoiding any hint of sexual immorality. But accomplishing that goal is a challenge.
If you are a single man struggling to remain sexually pure, you are not alone
theres practical, hard-hitting help from the authors of the blockbuster Every Man Series. Every Single Mans Battle guides youor your mens groupthrough an honest and clear exploration of Gods Word. Youll undertake a personal journey into key scriptures, wrestle with questions for reflection and examination, and discover the practical tools and biblical strategies you need to live the pure life God calls you toeven while living in a sexually-soaked culture.
Make a frontal assault on the temptation every single man faces. This book provides all the resources you need.
Now includes the workbook!
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Fred Stoeker is an author and conference speaker who challenges people to become sexually pure and to connect in true intimate relationships with their Father in heaven and their spouses and children on earth. Fred has written several books, including the best-selling Every Mans series and his most recent book for single men, Hero, cowritten with his son Jasen. Fred and his wife, Brenda, live in Iowa.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
"There is no more common enemy of true manhood than the diversion or the perversion of our sexual capacities. I welcome every contribution to the arsenal of resistance."
JACKW. HAYFORD, LITTD, founding pastor of the Church on theWay and chancellor of The Kings University
"This book will revolutionize the marriage of every man who reads it. Why? Because every man battles sexual temptations and every marriage grows stronger when these temptations are defeated. The vulnerable, honest, and insightful pages of this book reveal what every man must know."
DRS. LES AND LESLIE PARROTT, authors of Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts
"This timely resource presents clear practical principles for sexual purity. Arterburn and Stoeker call for courage, commitment, and self-discipline as they lead men into a more successful relationship with God, family, and spouse. This book is truly for every man."
DR. JOHN C. MAXWELL, founder of EQUIP
"God has used Steve Arterburn countless times to impact my heart and life; I am thankful for him and his investment in Every Mans Battle. I am also grateful for Fred Stoeker. Fred pours himself into this book with honesty, vulnerability, and a practical strategy to fight the good fight. He offers biblical truth and hope to anyone with ears to hear how to battle the war of sexual temptation. Read with an open heartEvery Mans Battle may save your marriage and your witness."
DR. GARY ROSBERG, president of Americas Family Coaches and coauthor of Guard Your Heart and The Five Love Needs of Men and Women
"Every Young Mans Battle does the best job I have ever seen on the subject of sexual temptation. Once upon a time we lived in a world that didnt talk about secrets, and that world has brought us to the mess we are in today. Young men must have an honest, blunt, and unashamedly Christian look at their sexuality. This book will save thousands of future marriages."
JIM BURNS, president of HomeWord
From the Trade Paperback edition.
scoueyAtlanta, GAAge: 35-44Gender: male3 Stars Out Of 5â€œEvery Single Manâ€™s Battleâ€ Has The Best Of IntentAugust 16, 2011scoueyAtlanta, GAAge: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3About a year ago, I read "Every Man's Battle" by Stephen Arterburn and Fred Stoeker with Mike Yorkey. I read the book with six other guys in a single men's small group through my church. The overall message was much appreciated, but we found out the book was geared more toward married men. When I found out about "Every Single Man's Battle" (by the same authors) I was very excited, that was until I actually read the book. To my dismay, I was disappointed for a few reasons.
1) "Every Single Man's Battle" constantly refers to "Every Man's Battle." What gets me is there wasn't a whole lot of information from that book that was geared toward single men. They should have just taken what little information that was for single men in "Every Man's Battle" and just put the information in "Every Single Man's Battle" instead of saying "read chapters 1-5 of Every Man's Battle." It's like the sole purpose they did this was to sell more books and I have a big problem with that.
2) The author's writing style was a little bothersome as well. Everything was "you need to do_" or "you should_" which comes across as if the authors were not single men, but married men who are not currently experiencing the whole issues trying to be a sexually pure single adult male. I would have liked it a lot more if the authors changed the wording to "we as single Christian men should_" or "we should_" that way it doesn't come across like the authors have no idea what single men are going through or like they don't sympathize for them.
3) This book is better suited as a small group study curriculum, otherwise it is a very difficult read.
The message of the book is a good one that is definitely need for all single Christian men and I found several take away items including:
* "Actually, sexual impurity is a series of bad decisions on our part - as a result of immature character - and deliverance won't deliver you into instant maturity. Character work needs to be done."
* Our sexuality is not just about obeying God's commands but also a way to honor our relationship with Him.
* "When you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." - 1 Corinthians 10:13
* "Being about our Father's business is our rite of passage into manhood."
* Single men should not live alone, but have at least one male roommate to help provide accountability in the area of sexual temptation.
I definitely recommend this book (with the above disclaimers) and even though it is a challenge at times to abide by this, the long term rewards are well worth it.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Dad Time: Savoring the God-Given Moments of Fatherhood - eBookMax LucadoThomas Nelson / 2014 / ePub$7.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW63596EB
Jesus Calling Devotional Bible, NKJV: Enjoying Peace in His Presence - eBookThomas Nelson / 2011 / ePub$4.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$19.99Save 75% ($15.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW23272EB
Tactics: Securing the Victory in Every Young Man's Battle - eBookFred StoekerWaterBrook Press / 2012 / ePub$11.74 Retail:
$13.99Save 16% ($2.25)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW24568EB