- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Movie Discussion Guide Bible Study
This thriller depicts one man s journey as he questions his faith and the providence of God.
Signs is a supernatural thriller set in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, where former Episcopal reverend Graham Hess has turned from God following the death of his wife. But when mysterious crop circles spread worldwide fear, Hess is forced to reevaluate his beliefs and discover if it is possible that everything is linked in a carefully orchestrated plan.
This study guide will help you discuss the deeper themes of Signs. What does this film say about how God intervenes in human lives? How do characters approach the unexplainable? How does the movie use metaphor to depict God s relationship with humans during times of pain?
Discussing the Scenes
--God s Providence
(Genesis 22:1 14; Hebrews 11:19; Proverbs 19:21)
(James 1:2 8; John 20:24 29; Hebrews 11:1; 2 Corinthians 5:7; Job 30:16 31, 42:1 6)
--God s Presence in Times of Need
(Job 11:16 18; 2 Corinthians 1:3 4; Psalm 9:9, 46:1)
As the Credits Roll
Signs (Touchstone, 2002), rated PG-13 for language and thematic elements.
Photo © Copyright Touchstone Pictures
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search