Self Talk, Soul Talk: What to Say When You Talk to Yourself
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 225
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2007
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Prayers for a Woman's Soul JournalInspirio / 2006 / Spiral Bound$7.99 Retail:
$9.99Save 20% ($2.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW810140
Popular Women of Faith speaker and author of Lessons I Learned in the Dark, Jennifer Rothschild, has a message for every woman: Words are powerful. Especially the words women speak to themselves. All too often what they say to themselves when they lie in bed at night or look in the mirror in the morning is not even close to the words God wants them to speak to their souls.
Scripture has a lot to say about this "soul talk." Because many women feel overwhelmed and struggle with issues of self-esteem, depression, and discouragement, Jennifer shares practically and helpfully from her own life and from Scripture to show how every woman can turn her words--and her life--around for good.
She offers 7 powerful things a woman can say to her soul, including:
- Press On - "March on my soul, be strong" (Judges 5:21)
- Look Up - "My soul, put your hope in God" (Psalm 42:5)
- Chill Out - "Be at rest, O my soul" (Psalm 116:7)
Self Talk, Soul Talk is perfect for individual or small group study and includes interactive pages and Scripture passages for digging deeper.
Mary H.OhioAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5December 21, 2009Mary H.OhioAge: 45-54Gender: femaleI'm halfway through the book and loving it. Make sure to check online as she suggests at the end of each chapter cause there's a lot more online too!
Vicki Carter5 Stars Out Of 5August 25, 2009Vicki CarterExcellent book would recommend it to anyone who has difficulty with low self esteem. Jennifer helps us to listen to what God has to say about who we are. Self talk improves our faith talk.
Virginia5 Stars Out Of 5July 20, 2009VirginiaExellent book, straight to issues on how talking to ourselves can be constructive or destructive and how to change it for our mental and spiritual health, growth and development.
Vicki-gayle Preston5 Stars Out Of 5June 26, 2009Vicki-gayle PrestonWhat a great book! It really makes you think about being kinder and more truthful to yourself. It is very like the DVD series Me, Myself and Lies. Get the workbook and have look in your 'mind's closet'. It may be in need of some cleaning!
Anita Kee5 Stars Out Of 5March 22, 2009Anita KeeThis is a great book for those of us who want to listen to other voices instead of God's voice. We can obey God, live in victory and be an overcomer in Christ and Jennifer shares with us how. Very helpful and encouraging for my journey to Home.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Beyond Boundaries: Learning to Trust Again in RelationshipsDr. John TownsendZondervan / 2011 / Hardcover$4.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$24.99Save 80% ($20.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW330493
Soul Keeping: Caring for the Most Important Part of YouJohn OrtbergZondervan / 2014 / Hardcover$14.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 6 Reviews
$22.99Save 37% ($8.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW275961
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Character
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- Books >> Bible Studies >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Character
- Books >> Bible Studies >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Women's Ministry
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Women's Ministry
- Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search