I have seen all of Bob Cornuke's DVD's. They are all wonderful but this is my favorite. Had the honor of meeting Bob this last summer and talk with him about his trips, extremely knowledgeable in all area's of Biblical archaeology. I would highly recommend this entire set.
This is actually my 3rd copy of this video, because I've taught a Christian Study workshop on this video and gave away a copy as a doorprize, then gave my 2nd copy to a friend.
Very encouraging to the searching Christian and great to teach youth and young believers about the validity of scripture. Maybe this is the real Mt. Sinai, maybe not, but it's great seeing this stuff that isn't talked about much brought to the forefront...as if to say, "There, see for yourself!"
In this documentary you will see the following compelling evidence preserved in Saudi Arabia which corresponds to the Biblical narrative of Moses, the Red Sea crossing of the Israelites, and the their sojourn to Mt. Sinai (aka Mt. Horeb) where Moses received the Ten Commandments from God:
- Mount Sinai in Arabia (Galatians 4:25)
- Mount Sinai Burned with Fire (Exodus 19:10-12)
- Altar of the Golden Calf (Exodus 32:1-4)
- Twelve Stone Pillars at Base of Mountain (Exodus 24:4)
- Place for Performing Sacrifices (Exodus 24:5)
- Cave of Elijah (1 Kings 19:8-9)
- Burning Bush that was not Consumed (Exodus 3:1-2)
- Quail (Exodus 16:2-3, 11-13)
- Almond Trees (Numbers 17:8)
- Water from the Rock (Exodus 17:2-6)
- Red Sea Crossing (Exodus 14:13-16)
- Bitter Springs of Marah (Exodus 15:22-23)
- Abraham's Burial Place (Genesis 49:29-32)
- Promise that Israelites will someday possess everywhere their feet landed (Joshua 14:9)
As I began watching the video, I was waiting with anticipation for the crossing site at the Gulf of Aqaba. But I was let down with the place in which they believe it happened. Their version places it at the southern most tip of the Sinai peninsula, and they do not allow for a supernatural crossing made entirely by God Himself. It almost seems like they believe that God may have started it, but nature did the rest. The true site is at the Nuweiba peninsula north of their site. At that site, under water, all the way across, has been found chariot parts and skeletons of humans and animals, all covered with coral. Their proposed site allows for the water to be pushed back by the wind to keep it at bay to expose rough coral beds and jagged rocks for up to 3 million people, animals and carts to pass over. Nuweiba's site has no coral or rocks on the bottom (it has coral now because of the chariot parts left on the bottom from which the coral attached themselves to) and it is wide enough to allow hundreds abreast to cross at once, with a gradual slope on both sides. But they did get the mountain right and everything else. So I did like this film and I do allow that others would propose other crossing sites, and since they did get the right waterway, I think that this is a very good film to watch.