- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
ChristianBook eBooks on the Sony Reader
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your Sony device, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
Without using ADE, the Sony Reader will attempt to open eBooks with its own software, the Reader Library, and you may receive an error message.
To bypass the Sony Reader Library, return to the eBook portion of 'My Account' on our site, and click to download the eBook again.
When the Adobe Digital Editions installer comes up, click on 'Download Item.'
If you are downloading a DRM Protected eBook, you will be prompted to open or save the URLLINK.acsm. Click 'Save'.
Save the file to your Desktop for quick access later.
Right-click on the URLLINK file, then select 'Open With' and choose Adobe Digital Editions.
If Adobe Digital Editions is not in the list, click 'Choose Default Program' and then select Adobe Digital Editions from the list.
Your eBook will open and display in ADE.
Plug in your Sony Reader, which will now display its model number and not just as Sony Reader.
Now just click, drag and drop your eBook onto the Sony Reader icon.
You can now eject your Sony Reader, open up the Books library and your eBook is ready to read.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Author Alister McGrath, a recognized expert in Theology, History, and Science leads readers through the landmark historical dates in the relationship between Science and Religion, the general themes that have emerged from that relationship, contemporary debates, and through the work of leading scholars who have attempted to integrate the fields or establish the supremacy of one field over the other (e.g. Scientific atheism). Throughout, McGrath is fair and representative and though he himself is a confessing orthodox Christian he never lapses into the truncation of differing views.
Summary of Main Features
- Examines the historical, theological, philosophical and scientific aspects of the interaction between religion and science
- Fully updated to reflect current, cutting-edge debates on scientific atheism and the limits of scientific method, and discussions about the relationship between science and religion in major world faiths
- Includes a historical component to enable readers to orientate themselves within the subject
- Takes a topic based approach which fits into the existing structure of most courses, and includes explanatory material not found in other works of this kind, making it highly accessible for those with little scientific or religious background knowledge
- Incorporates illustrations, tables, maps, summaries and questions for a lively and engaging approach to the subject
- Written by world-renowned theologian, Alister McGrath; author of bestselling books such as Dawkins' God, and an acknowledged expert in the field of science and religion
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
Series: Wiley Desktop Editions
"A first rate introduction to the field." (Network)
"McGrath discusses clearly and methodically the various issues related to the field … Fair and objective." (Choice)
"A useful starting point for those entering the study of science and religion." (Publishers Weekly)
Find Related Products
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Science
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview
- eBooks >> Theology >> Science
- Start A New Search