- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
CBDReader App for Android
Using your Android device, you can download the CBDReader App directly from the Android Market. First, click on the 'Apps' icon from your main screen.
On the app screen, click 'Market' or 'Play Store'.
Click the spy glass icon and search 'CBDReader'.
Click 'Accept and download' to affirm the terms and conditions.
Click 'Open' to open the reader.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Author Alister McGrath, a recognized expert in Theology, History, and Science leads readers through the landmark historical dates in the relationship between Science and Religion, the general themes that have emerged from that relationship, contemporary debates, and through the work of leading scholars who have attempted to integrate the fields or establish the supremacy of one field over the other (e.g. Scientific atheism). Throughout, McGrath is fair and representative and though he himself is a confessing orthodox Christian he never lapses into the truncation of differing views.
Summary of Main Features
- Examines the historical, theological, philosophical and scientific aspects of the interaction between religion and science
- Fully updated to reflect current, cutting-edge debates on scientific atheism and the limits of scientific method, and discussions about the relationship between science and religion in major world faiths
- Includes a historical component to enable readers to orientate themselves within the subject
- Takes a topic based approach which fits into the existing structure of most courses, and includes explanatory material not found in other works of this kind, making it highly accessible for those with little scientific or religious background knowledge
- Incorporates illustrations, tables, maps, summaries and questions for a lively and engaging approach to the subject
- Written by world-renowned theologian, Alister McGrath; author of bestselling books such as Dawkins' God, and an acknowledged expert in the field of science and religion
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
Series: Wiley Desktop Editions
"A first rate introduction to the field." (Network)
"McGrath discusses clearly and methodically the various issues related to the field … Fair and objective." (Choice)
"A useful starting point for those entering the study of science and religion." (Publishers Weekly)
Find Related Products
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Science
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview
- eBooks >> Theology >> Science
- Start A New Search