Saints for Sinners: Nine Desolate Souls Made Strong by God
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 176
Vendor: Sophia Institute Press
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
The Inner Voice of Love: A Journey Through Anguish to FreedomHenri J.M. NouwenRandom House, Inc / 1999 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$12.00Save 17% ($2.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW54834
Behold Your Life: A Pilgrimage Through Your MemoriesMacrina WiederkehrAve Maria Press / 2000 / Trade Paperback$14.36 Retail:
$15.95Save 10% ($1.59)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW39314
Praying the Word: Illuminated Prayers and Wisdom from the Saint John's BibleDonald JacksonLiturgical Press / 2008 / Hardcover$28.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$39.95Save 27% ($10.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW690932
The Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius: A New Translation from the Latin TextPierre WolffLiguori Publications / 1997 / Trade Paperback$15.29 Retail:
$16.99Save 10% ($1.70)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW01422
Christ came not to call saints but to make them often out of weak, stupid, and sinful men. That's why the saints are not only models of holiness for us to imitate; they're reminders that God's grace can outshine every human flaw.
As Alban Goodier's classic Saints for Sinners shows us, even the greatest saints had to battle the same stubborn vices, temptations of the flesh, and bouts of spiritual dryness that afflict you and me today
Christ came not to call saints but to make them often out of weak, stupid, and sinful men. Thats why the saints are not only models of holiness for us to imitate; theyre reminders that Gods grace can outshine every human flaw.
As Alban Goodiers classic Saints for Sinners shows us, even the greatest saints had to battle the same stubborn vices, temptations of the flesh, and bouts of spiritual dryness that afflict you and me today. In these pages, with a style that perfectly blends hagiographical detail, spiritual meditation, and a skilled storytellers touch, Archbishop Goodier brings us the tales of:
- The mercenary fighting man and itinerant gambler who left behind his rough soldier's habits and founded a religious order to care for the sick
- The backward, sickly teenager, disowned by his family and dogged by the Inquisition, who became a miraculous healer and paragon of humble simplicity
- The willful Tuscan beauty with a bad reputation who forsook vanity and lust to answer God's call to live in poverty and penitence
- The brilliant, brooding Spanish nobleman who gave up everything to be a missionary only to see most of his efforts fail
- The royal chaplain and daring Counter-Reformer who escaped the gallows but had to endure a lifelong interior martyrdom of doubt and discouragement
- The hedonistic heretic and womanizer who traded worldly pleasure for divine happiness, and became one of the Church's greatest theologians
- And other inspiring tales of imperfect souls "made perfect in infirmity"
Read these stories and find in them delight and encouragement, as well as hope. You'll come to see that there is no one so sinful, weak, or desolate that God has not already raised another like him to the heights of glory.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Catholic >> Church History
- Books >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books >> Catholic >> Transformation
- Books >> Church History >> Catholic
- Books >> Theology
- Catholic >> Church History
- Catholic >> Spirituality
- Catholic >> Theology
- Catholic >> Transformation
- Start A New Search