- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 160
Vendor: Servant Books
Publication Date: 2012
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
BRIAN O'NEEL is a frequent guest on the EWTN and Relevant Radio networks. A writer and editor, Brian lives in rural Wisconsin with his wife and six children - all Green Bay Packers fans. He is the author of 39 New Saints You Should Know.
Thousands of saints are formally recognized by the Catholic Church. While some are household names, have you heard of:
- St. Bathilde, the slave queen?
- St. Pietro Parenzo, the heavenly politician?
- Bl. Sebastian de Aparicio, the first cowboy?
- St. Mary Helen MacKillop, the excommunicated saint?
From these now-obscure saints or blesseds come amazing stories of virtue, vice, and the triumph of grace. Brian O'Neel tells these tales, often colorful and always compelling, with humor tempered by an obvious love for his subjects, explaining why they deserve our attention and devotion.
But enough already of Therese, Francis, Padre Pio, and the top 40 rock stars of sanctity! There are other holy men and women whose lives can inspire us. Brian O'Neel has assembled a list of obscure saints and blesseds and unearthed the essential facts of their lives. The table of contents reads like a What Not to Name Your Baby list: Baudile, Radegund, Guntrum, Gangolf, Homobonus, and Lydwine! As the author moves out of the Dark Ages and into recent centuries, the names become more commonplace but the stories no less unknown to us. These O'Neel relates in three-page sketches, explaining at the end, 'Why this saint deserves our attention.'" Catholic Digest, October, 2012
Find Related Products
- Books >> Biography >> Catholic
- Books >> Catholic >> Biography
- Books >> Catholic >> Church History
- Books >> Catholic >> Saints & Blessed >> Other Saints & Blessed
- Books >> Church History >> Catholic
- Catholic >> Biography
- Catholic >> Church History
- Catholic >> Saints & Blessed >> Other Saints & Blessed
- Start A New Search