- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 240
Vendor: Penguin Books
Publication Date: 2004
Dimensions: 7.51 X 5.11 (inches)
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
As relevant today as it was when it was originally written sixteen hundred years ago, Augustines Confessiones continues to influence contemporary religion, language, and thought. Reading with fresh, keen eyes, Pulitzer Prize-winning author Garry Wills has brought his superb gifts of analysis and insight to bear on this classic of Western tradition in a series of ambitious and critically acclaimed translations and interpretations. In Saint Augustines Conversion, Augustines story draws to its dramatic conclusion in what Wills calls the "hinge" chapter of the bishops confessional opus. With an illuminating introduction and extensive notes throughout, Wills provides a richly rewarding and inventive interpretation of Augustines seminal work for a new generation of readers.
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Church History >> Post-Apostolic & Patristic Studies
- Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Ancient Christian Writers
- Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Augustine
- Books >> Church History >> Post-Apostolic & Patristic Studies
- Books >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Ancient Christian Writers
- Books >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Augustine
- Start A New Search