- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Vendor: Liturgical Press
Publication Date: 1992
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Both resistance to and renewed interest in the sacraments mark current theological thought. This work acknowledges human limitations of the sacraments but stresses that God's relationship to human beings cannot be other than sacramental." Sacramental structures and events constitute salvation history, and thus permeate all theology. What makes this sacramental view comprehensible is faith; faith is an indispensable precondition for a sacramental theology.
Therefore, the author first demonstrates the preconditions of faith on which sacramental theology rests, and what place it holds within the whole of theology. Following this, he briefly presents the concept of sacraments and the history of that concept, the teachings of Church tradition on sacraments in general, and the basic features of a sacramental theology. Next, he explains from a theological perspective the traditional sacraments of the Catholic Church, including related topics such as indulgences and sacramentals.
Sacraments: Revelation of the Humanity of God-Engaging the Fundamental Theology of Louis-Marie ChauvetPhilippe Bordeyne, Bruce T. MorrillLiturgical Press / 2008 / Trade Paperback$23.99 Retail:
$29.95Save 20% ($5.96)Availability: Expected to ship on or about 06/20/15.CBD Stock No: WW662182
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Theology >> Practical Theology >> Sacramental Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Sacramental Theology >> Eucharist
- Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Catholic Theology
- Books >> Catholic >> Sacraments >> Holy Communion/Mass
- Books >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Practical Theology >> Sacramental Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Sacramental Theology >> Eucharist
- Books >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Catholic Theology
- Catholic >> Sacraments >> Holy Communion/Mass
- Catholic >> Theology
- Start A New Search