- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 396
Publication Date: 2012
Dimensions: 9.75 X 7.00 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Series: Signature Shakespeare
Other Customers Also Purchased
Romeo and Juliet Study Guide on CDROMProgeny Press / Compact disc$15.99 Retail:
$21.99Save 27% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW095987
A Midsummer Night's Dream, Dover Thrift Study EditionWilliam ShakespeareDover Publications / 2009 / Trade Paperback$4.99 Retail:
$5.95Save 16% ($0.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW475745
- Illustration: Original paper-cuts, in the form of laser tip-ins and scans, beautifully illustrate each play. Paintings and photographs add depth to front and back matter.
- Scholarship: Premier scholars introduce each play with contemporary scholarship. An essay on editing the text provides an in-depth look at the quartos and folios used in the edition.
- Context: Essays on Shakespeare's England, language, and life, along with essays on performing Shakespeare and significant performances, frame the play in both historical and theatrical context for readers. A look at the lasting influence of the play on music, art, film, and dance creates an interdisciplinary framework with which to approach the play.
- Notes: Through one-word margin definitions, facing-page glosses, and longer end notes after each play, the series' approach to notes pulls readers away from the text fewer times while providing them with more information and comprehensive analysis.
- Further Reading - An annotated bibliography of titles, hand-selected by the introduction author, takes readers beyond the edition for further reading.
ABOUT THE EDITORS:
Jesse M. Lander (Editor), Notre Dame, IN: PhD, Columbia University; Thomas J. and Robert T. Rolfs Associate Professor of English, and Director, Graduate Studies in English, University of Notre Dame.
David Scott Kastan (Series Editor; Introduction), New Haven, CT: PhD, University of Chicago; George M. Bodman Professor of English, Yale University.
ABOUT THE ILLUSTRATOR:
Kevin Stanton. Brooklyn, NY. BFA, Communications Design, Pratt Institute. Specializes in hand-cut paper artwork.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Children >> Children's Fiction
- Books >> Children >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Books >> Children >> Classics >> Literature
- Children >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Literature
- Homeschool >> Books & Classic Literature
- Homeschool >> Language Arts >> Literature >> British
- Start A New Search