- All Products
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2013
Dimensions: 8.38 X 5.50 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Series: Rock Harbor Search and Rescue
An old photo brings a shocking revelation and its up to Emily and her best friend Olivia to solve the case!
Fourteen-year-old Emily OReilly and her best friend Olivia Webster have a knack for solving mysteries. Emily has been busily training her new puppy Sherlock to be a Search and Rescue dog so that the two can lead search-and-rescue missions someday. So when Emily stumbles across an old photo of Olivias adoption daya fact that has never been revealed to Oliviathe two quickly decide to uncover the mysterious details surrounding Olivias birth parents.
But the two bite off more than they can chew as they dig into learning more about Olivias adoption without notifying her parents. And to make matters worse, Emilys mother Marika, a convicted felon recently released on parole, will stop at nothing to contact her daughtera fact that Emily is not happy about.
When her beloved stepmother Naomi disappears, Emily takes it upon herself to connect the dots and conduct her own snow-bound search-and-rescue mission with Sherlock. Will Emily ever find the secret behind Naomis disappearance? And will Olivia ever learn the truth about her adopted parents?
Colleen is a master storyteller. Karen Kingsbury
Common Core Standards:
- R.CCR.1 Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text;
- R.CCR.2 Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas;
- R.CCR.3 Analyze how and why individuals, events, and ideas develop and interact over the course of a text;
- R.CCR.6 Assess how point of view or purpose shapes the content and style of a text;
- R.CCR.9 Analyze how two or more texts address similar themes or topics in order to build knowledge or to compare the approaches the authors take;
- SL.CCR.1 Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively;
- SL.CCR.2 Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally
USA Today best-selling author Colleen Coble has written several best-selling romantic suspense novels, including Tidewater Inn, Rosemary Cottage, and the Mercy Falls, Lonestar, and Rock Harbor series. Twitter: @colleencoble Facebook: colleencoblebooks