Number of Pages: 272
Vendor: Running Press
Publication Date: 2012
|Dimensions: 8.5 X 8.5 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
- RED: beets, blood oranges, cherries, cranberries, grapefruit, pomegranate, radicchio, radish, raspberries, red apples, red bell peppers, rhubarb, strawberries, tomatoes, and watermelon
- ORANGE: apricot, butternut squash, carrots, clementines, kumquats, mangoes, nectarines, papaya, peaches, persimmon, pumpkin, and yams
- YELLOW: banana, corn, lemon, pineapple, pomelo, squash blossoms, and yellow onions
- GREEN: green apples, artichokes, asparagus, avocado, bok choy, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, celery, cucumber, edamame, fava beans, fennel, green beans, honeydew, kale, kiwi, leeks, lime, peas, spinach, swiss chard, watercress, and zucchini
- PURPLE and Blue: blackberries, blueberries, eggplant, figs, plums, purple cabbage, purple grapes, red leaf lettuce, and red onion
- WHITE: bosc pears, cauliflower, coconut, endive, garlic, jicama, mushrooms, parsnips, potatoes, and turnip
For more information, visit RipeCookbook.com
Paulette Phlipot is an award-winning food, travel, and lifestyle photographer. She is a graduate of the Western Academy of Photography in Victoria, B.C., Canada. In 2008, Paulette was awarded Best of Show” at the annual International Association of Culinary Professionals conference in 2008. She is based in Sun Valley, Idaho.
"The most convincing argument for eating fresh, organic, local food is discovering the peak ripeness of a fruit or vegetable at the farmers market or in your own garden. Ripe teaches you how to choose your ingredients and cook them so their true flavor shines through."
Heidi Swanson, author of Super Natural Every Day and 101 Cookbooks.com
"Ripe is first-and-foremost a celebration of all the wonderful facets of good produce (by a person who very clearly loves it). Cheryls flavor combinations impress mePomegranate Clove Thumbprint Cookies, Radish Olive Crostini, Persimmon Apple Radicchio Stacks, and Maple Pomelo Parfaits. This is a beautiful cookbook full of wonderful, inspiring ideas that are sure to be warmly welcomed into many kitchens."
Tara Mataraza Desmond, co-author of Almost Meatless
"Ripe has good looks and a great personality. Paulettes stunning photography seduces your appetite instantly and Cheryls smart humor makes it feel like youre cooking alongside a comic writer with an amazing grasp of ingredients and mad skills in the kitchen."
"A browsers mouthwatering delight, with gentle humor and appeal for cooks looking for specialty recipes with adventurous flavor combinations."
"When food blogger Cheryl Sternman Rule cruises the farmers market, produce comes to vividly described life…. Now the San Jose-based produce whisperer has teamed up with photographer Paulette Phlipot to create a mash note to farmers market finds in a colorful cookbook…"
"… treats of both fruits and vegetables. It's arranged, of all things, by color…your visually inclined friends will ooh and aah over its rainbow eye candy. The recipes are well-chosen representatives that make the most of their featured ingredient, and most deliver high flavor with an absolute minimum of stress. It makes a lovely gift for your hosts at lazy summer parties one that neither assumes or demands anything."