Far from a study of kosher dietary laws, this book is an unprecedented journey toward the true identity of the Divine Messiah-the one previously considered "unkosher" and "unacceptable" by Jewish people.
According to Scripture and Jewish sources, was the promised Messiah of Israel to be divine or a mere human? What are the attributes of the Messiah in his relationship to Yahweh and what is the Messiah's authority and dominion? What is an acceptable Jewish framework for discussion of the nature of the Messiah within Judaism? Rabbi Itzhak Shapira was in search of the answers to these questions and shares his findings in The Return of the Kosher Pig
. This book will surprise and challenge you with the compelling words of Jewish sages and rabbis over the last 2,000 years, many in English for the first time.The Return of the Kosher Pig
- Glossary of over 300 terms that will enable readers to dive deeper into Hebraic/biblical thought
- Directory of all major rabbinical works on the issue of Messiah in the last 2,000 years
- Index of all references from the Torah, Prophets, Writings, New Testament, and the Talmud
- Easy-to-read format that provides an excellent study tool for students of scripture
- Full bibliography with numerous sources that are "hidden" to many English speakers on the nature of the Messiah
A real eye opener. Well researched. Well written. Engaging. A great read for those wanting to get insights in the Jewish world and worldview.
-Dr. Jeffrey Seif,
One of the most interesting and learned tomes I have ever read. Contained within its pages is much with which I agree, some with which I disagree, and much about which I never thought. Rabbi Shaprias remarkable book cannot be ignored.
-Dr. Paige Patterson,
Southwest Baptist Theological Seminary
Traditional rabbis and counter-missionaries have said that they cannot consider our claim that Yeshua the Messiah is divine. Now, this Messianic Jewish rabbi has challenged that objection, relying entirely on the Hebrew Scriptures and traditional Jewish literature, and he has done so with much careful study and great spiritual passion. Is it possible that a Jew can embrace Yeshua as the divine Messiah and follow traditional Jewish sources as well? Read this book and find out for yourself!
-Michael L. Brown, Ph.D.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.