- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Gifted for Leadership Bible Study
The daughter of a pastor, Amy Simpson grew up in the church. Amy is steeped in Christianity and swaddled in Christian culture. And yet, at women s events in church she s felt like an outsider, that she doesn t fit anywhere. Why? Because she doesn t enjoy crafts, isn t a stay-at-home mom, and simply doesn t square with the assumptions churches have about Christian women. So when a ministry is set up on those stereotypes, she doesn t fit in.
So what s a woman like Amy to do when she feels like she doesn t belong in her own church? What about women who are new Christians or searching for God who don t find a fit in women s ministries in the church? We ll explore these issues in this study.
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE: Joshua 2:1 21; Ruth 1:1 18; Psalm 139; Mark 14:3 9; Luke 10:38 42; John 4:7 26
Identify the Current Issue
Discover the Eternal Principles
--Teaching point one: God creates individuals, not stereotypes.
--Teaching point two: Jesus wants us to offer what we ve got.
--Teaching point three: Jesus ministry was out of the box.
Apply Your Findings
ARTICLE FROM CHRISTIANITY TODAY
Why I Don't Do Women's Ministry by Amy Simpson (2007)
You have permissionto make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Leadership
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search