Related by Chance, Family by Choice: Transforming Mother-in-Law and Daughter-in-Law Relationships
- All Products
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
Number of Pages: 208
Vendor: Kregel Publications
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
The Mother-in-Law Dance: Can Two Women Love the Same Man and Still Get Along?Annie Chapman5 Stars Out Of 5 8 ReviewsSave 23%
Mothers-in law vs. Daughters-in-law: Let There Be PeaceElisabeth Graham5 Stars Out Of 5 2 ReviewsSave 23%
Mother-in-Law Glass Kitten in Silk BoxSave 6%
"As a mother-in-law to five daughters-in-law, each with completely unique personalities, this book is a godsend of encouragement. Every mother of a grown son, and every woman who marries a man with a mama, needs this book. So thankful someone had the wisdom and courage to write it!"
---Becky Johnson, Co-Author of We Laugh, We Cry, We Cook
"With godly wisdom, insight, and abundant ideas and tips, Deborah DeArmond equips "women-in-law" who love the same man with all they need to do life together well. Related by Chance, Family by Choice is an excellent resource that I will refer to again and again."
---Twila Belk, Author or co-author of five books, including I Believe in Healing and I Believe in Heaven
"Deborah DeArmond's new book, Related by Chance, Family by Choice teaches how to evaluate "in-law" relationships with Biblical acuity and perceptiveness. You will profoundly benefit from Deborah's keen insight into the scriptures and her down to earth illustrations and practical life applications."
---Laurie Dodds, Speaker and Author
A Word From the Author
"It is possible to have a sound relationship between 'women-in-law,' although it may not be easy," DeArmond asserts. "This book explores how to do it, not in our own strength or ability, but doing it God's way - by walking, not in the law, but in love - and if necessary, He'll loan us some of His. The book provides practical tools and tips coupled with the scriptural foundations to align this relationship with God's word."
Words of Wisdom from the Book
- You are responsible for your behavior. Let God handle the results.
- When God created a woman to walk with Adam in life, He didn't make a mama. He created a wife.
- If blood is thicker than water, are you willing to let the blood of Christ make you family?
- Leaving and cleaving. It's a commandment, not a suggestion.
- A note to boy mamas: He was yours to raise, but never to keep!
- Hey Boy Mama! God never meant for you to be the most important woman in his life. That spot belongs to his wife!
- When we use ourselves as the measuring stick, the whole world comes up short! Celebrate differences! Different is not wrong. It's just different.
- Sometimes God doesn't change your situation because He's trying to change your heart.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Christian Apologetics, Second EditionNorman L. GeislerSave 33%