- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Susan Eastman is assistant professor of the practice of Bible and Christian formation at Duke Divinity School, Durham, North Carolina.
Number of Pages: 232
Vendor: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Publication Date: 2007
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Availability: Available to ship on or about 10/18/14.
Greed as Idolatry: The Origin and Meaning of a Pauline MetaphorBrian S. RosnerWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2007 / Trade Paperback$14.99 Retail:
$22.00Save 32% ($7.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW3374X
Of Widows and Meals: Communal Meals in the Book of ActsReta Halteman FingerWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2007 / Trade Paperback$25.20 Retail:
$28.00Save 10% ($2.80)Availability: Out of StockCBD Stock No: WW830531
Apostle of the Crucified Lord: A Theological Introduction to Paul and His LettersMichael J. GormanWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2003 / Trade Paperback$37.80 Retail:
$42.00Save 10% ($4.20)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW39342
Adopted into God's Family: Exploring a Pauline Metaphor (New Studies in Biblical Theology)Trevor J. BurkeInter-Varsity Press / 2006 / Trade Paperback$16.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$23.00Save 26% ($6.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW826238
Susan Eastman here argues that Galatians 4: 12???5: 1 plays a key role in this movement: it displays the power of God??'s act in Christ, apart from the law, not only to generate the Galatians??? new life in Christ but also to perfect it. Paul communicates to his converts the motivation and power necessary to move them from their ambivalence about his gospel to a faith that ???stands fast??? in its allegiance to Christ alone. Eastman argues that the medium and the message are inseparable. Paul??'s discourse or ???mother tongue??? ? packed with maternal images, vulnerable yet authoritative, and marked by personal suffering ? demonstrates the content of the good news.
|Email me when this product is available.|
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Theology
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Theology
- Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> Galatians
- Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> Pauline Theology
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Theology
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Theology
- Books >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> Galatians
- Books >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> Pauline Theology
- Start A New Search