- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2000
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Truth Behind Ghosts, Mediums, and Psychic Phenomena, The - eBookRon RhodesHarvest House Publishers / 2006 / ePub$5.98 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$9.99Save 40% ($4.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW46286EB
Reasoning from the Scriptures with Muslims - eBookRon RhodesHarvest House Publishers / 2002 / ePub$8.32 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$14.99Save 44% ($6.67)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW46284EB
Conversational Evangelism: Connecting with People to Share Jesus - eBookDavid Geisler, Norman GeislerHarvest House Publishers / 2014 / ePub$9.99 Retail:
$15.99Save 38% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW69458EB
Wonder of Heaven, The: A Biblical Tour of Our Eternal Home - eBookRon RhodesHarvest House Publishers / 2009 / ePub$9.29 Retail:
$13.99Save 34% ($4.70)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW22743EB
Secret Life of Angels, The: Who They Are and How They Help Us - eBookRon RhodesHarvest House Publishers / 2014 / ePub$9.29 Retail:
$13.99Save 34% ($4.70)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW69457EB
Cyber Meltdown: Bible Prophecy and the Imminent Threat of Cyberterrorism - eBookRon RhodesHarvest House Publishers / 2011 / ePub$7.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$9.99Save 20% ($2.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW19151EB
10 Most Important Things You Can Say to a Mormon, The - eBookRon RhodesHarvest House Publishers / 2001 / ePub$8.79 Retail:3 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$10.99Save 20% ($2.20)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW49319EB
5-Minute Apologetics for Today: 365 Quick Answers to Key Questions - eBookRon RhodesHarvest House Publishers / 2010 / ePub$9.31 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$15.99Save 42% ($6.68)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW22701EB
Anyone interested in sharing the gospel with Catholic
friends or understanding where members of that denomination stand on important
points of theology will appreciate this thorough yet easy-to-use reference.
Using the simple, step-by-step format applauded by readers in Rhodes' previous
books, Reasoning from the Scriptures with Catholics covers many theological issues that
divide Protestants and Catholics, including1/4
- purgatory and indulgences
- the reverence of Mary, mother of Jesus
- papal infallibility
- Catholic traditions
- and much more
Each chapter examines a single Catholic belief or practice
as taught in the Catholic Catechism and other major Catholic sources, provides
biblical responses, and offers questions to help Catholics examine their
church's readings. Pastors, teachers, and lay leaders will find this insightful
guide a must-have tool for sharing the good news of salvation by faith alone
with Catholic friends and family members.
RevDrBotswanaAge: 55-65Gender: Female1 Stars Out Of 5MISCONCEPTIONS: MAINLINE PROTESTANTISM vs. BIBLICAL LITERALISTSJuly 21, 2015RevDrBotswanaAge: 55-65Gender: FemaleQuality: 1Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1Mainline Protestants would find this book extremely offensive. It is intellectually dishonest and largely misrepresents current Roman Catholic thought, nor does it embrace accepted biblical scholarship which is shared by both mainline Protestants and Catholic exegetes.
PaulCaliforniaAge: 25-34Gender: male1 Stars Out Of 5Do your own homeworkOctober 22, 2013PaulCaliforniaAge: 25-34Gender: maleQuality: 1Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1I read this book back when I was "saved" and leaving my Catholic Faith to become an evangelical. I was in the Southern Baptist Church for over 4 years, went on missions, tithed, served faithfully, and when I moved towns I was forced to go through the common protestant practice of "church shopping." After attending a slough of churches for various times I began wrestling with the issue of authority, and I saw the great error in the protestant church: lack of authority? The root of many of the logical absurdities, and perpetual schisms that protestantism often breeds come from its origin to "protest" or rebel. The problem with this book is that it perpetuates convenient half truths and outright miscaracterizations of the Catholic faith, rendering it intellectually dishonest at best, and malicious at worst. Don't be lazy. Research the Catholic faith, the origins of the Church, the origins of the Bible, the early church fathers and their writings. You will be surprised at what you find.
The BenedictineOttawa, ONAge: 35-44Gender: male1 Stars Out Of 5June 8, 2012The BenedictineOttawa, ONAge: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 1Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1My experience with this book is an ironic one. I was an Evangelical Christian committed to the ideals spelled out by Rhodes here. In fact, I used it to "evangelize" Catholics and share the gospel with them. As I began to research the history of the faith, and the Church in particular, and the relation of Sacred Scripture to the People of God, my thinking began to change. Rhodes book became for me my last lifeline. I tried desperately to cling to my Evangelicalism, as slowly but surely each and every page of this book melted away in the face of the Ancient faith professed long before Luther and Calvin. I would invite you all to look over the wall of the Reformation, and past 1517. The Church predates the Reformation by 1500 years. Is there anyone bearing witness so-called Protestant ideals before 1517? It almost seems as though Rhodes would have Christ be the foolish builder in His own parable...
atp1952Age: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5this book is just what I needOctober 19, 2011atp1952Age: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5this is helping me know where my 85 year old Catholic friend is coming from...he has no hope for "heaven", no peace, doesn't know what the Bible says... it's so sad
SPQRAge: 35-44Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Readable on true Gospel and Catholic fallaciesAugust 20, 2011SPQRAge: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Dr. Rhodes has written an accurate and readable work on Romanism. As a recovering Catha-holic, I see this as a useful resource for Christians to better understand their Catholic friends and to minister the true Gospel of Christ.
Rome's contention that it "gave" us the Bible is fallacious. Examples include:
- "Rome gave us the Bible"
- Old Testament - do they really believe that Jesus did not know what was in the O.T.? ("From the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berekiah" - Luke 11:51) Jesus lived before Jamnia Council, FYI.
- Apocrypha - Also, what about fact that none of the faithful Jewish rabbis or early Christian recognized the Apocrypha as part of the Bible? (Rome does and needs it to justify its bizarre doctrines like purgatory and masses for dead. Plus these books are inferior and even contradict the true Scriptures.)
- New Testament - How could Rome "give" us the Scriptures when it could not even agree which books belonged to it (and changed its mind through decades and centuries)?! Revelation, Hebrews, and 2 Peter come to mind. Plus Rome also accepts Gnostic writings as "sacred tradition" - books which are frauds and contradict God's Word.
- "Rome is the early church." - Much of the historical record on the church has been repressed by Rome/Constantinople. Yet, we do find some fragments about Biblical Christians who rejected Roman autocracy such as the Paulicians, Waldenses, Albigenses, and the movement of Patrick of Ireland (btw, he was not Catholic or even Irish, contrary to the history Rome would have you believe). Additionally, 250 years (from time of apostles to Edict of Nantes) is a long time for corruption and sin to taint the official "church" - just read the Book of Judges where it only took 1-2 generations (less than 80 years) before Israel was turning back to idolatry.
May the Lord be glorified in opening the eyes of people to the true Gospel of Christ through His grace alone through faith alone. (Eph. 2:8-9)
Find Related Products
- Catholic >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- eBooks >> Catholic >> Apologetics
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions >> Christian Denominations
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Christian Denominations
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Practical Instruction
- Start A New Search