- All Products
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
CBDReader App for Android
Using your Android device, you can download the CBDReader App directly from the Android Market. First, click on the 'Apps' icon from your main screen.
On the app screen, click 'Market' or 'Play Store'.
Click the spy glass icon and search 'CBDReader'.
Click 'Accept and download' to affirm the terms and conditions.
Click 'Open' to open the reader.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
- Skilfully conveys the breadth and diversity of nineteenth-century poetry
- Offers an ideal balance of canonical and less well-known writers
- Allows readers to explore the poetry of the Victorian era, through the eyes of one of the most renowned scholars in the field
- Poets covered include Matthew Arnold, Emily Brontë, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Robert Browning, Lewis Carroll, A. H. Clough, G. M. Hopkins, Edward Lear, Christina Rossetti, D. G. Rossetti, A. C. Swinburne, Arthur Symons, Alfred Tennyson, Oscar Wilde
Professor Richard Cronin lectures in nineteenth-century literature in the department of English Literature at the University of Glasgow. His publications include 1798: The Year of the Lyrical Ballads (1998), The Politics of Romantic Poetry: In Search of the Pure Commonwealth (2000), Romantic Victorians: English Literature, 18241840 (2000), A Companion to Victorian Poetry (co-edited with Antony H. Harrison and Alison Chapman, Blackwell, 2002), and Paper Pellets: British Literary Culture after Waterloo (2010).
"Richard Cronins exceptionally fine book carries out just what its title promisesreading. The pleasure of his adroit, meticulously imaginative insights into verbal and metrical effects is constant… [O]ne of the best general readings of Victorian poetry in the last ten years." (Victorian Studies, 1 April 2013)
"It is a definite strength of Cronins approach that his own books attempt to recover ways of appreciating and understanding Victorian poetry overlaps with the techniques Victorian poets themselves used to address and forestall their anxieties about the meaning and value of their work . . . . To repeat the question, however, proves to be a good way of tuning in to the distinctive music of the Victorian poetry." (The Tennyson Society, 1 December 2012)
Find Related Products
- Download >> Fiction
- Download >> Homeschool
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Fiction >> Poetry
- Homeschool >> Language Arts >> Literature & Classics >> Poetry
- eBooks >> Fiction >> Poetry
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search