- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Based on the Orton-Gillingham approach, the Discovery program provides explicit, systematic, and sequential literacy instruction through multisensory activities. Helping students to improve their reading skills and increase their reading grade levels, this research-based program is built upon teaching the 42 sounds of the alphabet, five phonetic skills, and two decoding skills (explained below) that can be used to then decode most of the English language. Reading Horizons uses a unique marking system to help students identify vowels/consonants, and the role they play in the word (e.g. x for vowels, arrows for two-letter slides, etc.).
This program is best suited for emerging readers ages 4-9, or for struggling older readers.
This program differs from the Comprehensive Teacher's Kit in that this kit features the condensed, 1-volume teacher's manual instead of the 2-volume teacher's manual in the other kit. The condensed manual covers the same concepts, and contains all 68 lessons and 13 common sight word lists but with less detailed instruction. This makes it ideal for one-on-one instruction.
The Reading Horizons Condensed Teacher's Kit includes:
- Reading Horizons Condensed Teacher's Manual, 1-volume
- English Language Enhancement, 103 pages, softcover
- Reading Horizons Student Workbook, 230 pages, softcover
- 3 fold-down paper posters for the 5 phonetic skills, vowels, and 2 decoding skills
- 2 large glossy posters with blends and 42 sounds
- Set of reverse listening cards printed on colored paper (suggested for parents to cut out and laminate)
Vendor: HEC Software, Inc.
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Reading Horizons
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Encyclopedia of Bible Games for Children's MinistryGroup Publishing / 2004 / Other, N/A$19.99 Retail:3 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$29.99Save 33% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW26965