- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Mary Jo Leddy's new book is a meditation on the miracle of the everyday and a guide to discovering what is most real in oneself. The process she describes leads to "radical gratitude" that allows the spirit to appreciate the earthy things that give true joy. Gratitude, she says, arises in the in-between space where the inner and outer worlds meet.
"In radical gratitude," she writes, "the vicious dissatisfaction with life is broken. We begin to recognize what we have rather than what we don't...we awaken to another way of being, another kind of economy, the great economy of grace in which each person is of infinite value and worth."
Mary Jo Leddy teaches theology at Regis College and, for the last twelve years, has lived and worked with refugees in Toronto in the Romero House Community. She is the author of Reweaving the Religious Life and a contributor to Turning the Wheel: Henri Nouwen and Our Search for God.
Number of Pages: 192
Vendor: Orbis Books
Publication Date: 2002
|Dimensions: 9.25 X 6 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
The Attitude of Gratitude: Developing a Thankful HeartNancy Leigh DeMossRevive Our Hearts / 2000 / Trade Paperback$4.49 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$4.95Save 9% ($0.46)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW0110032
Find Related Products
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Non-Fiction >> Religion >> Spirituality
- Start A New Search