- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
CBDReader App for Android
Using your Android device, you can download the CBDReader App directly from the Android Market. First, click on the 'Apps' icon from your main screen.
On the app screen, click 'Market' or 'Play Store'.
Click the spy glass icon and search 'CBDReader'.
Click 'Accept and download' to affirm the terms and conditions.
Click 'Open' to open the reader.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
When Friends Ask for Help: Biblical Advice on Counseling Friends in Need / Digital original - eBookHarold J. SalaB&H Books / 2013 / ePub$9.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW37433EB
The Biblical Counseling Movement after Adams (Foreword by David Powlison) - eBookHeath Lambert, David PowlisonCrossway / 2011 / ePub$9.29 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$13.99Save 34% ($4.70)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW23277EB
LEAD . . . For God's Sake!: A parable for finding the heart of leadership - eBookTodd GongwerTyndale House / 2011 / ePub$9.69 Retail:
$15.99Save 39% ($6.30)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW22884EB
A Guide to Resolving Relational Conflict
You have conflict in your lifewe all do. You encounter it in your home, your workplace, your school, or even your church. All around us tensions exist and disputes persist.
Offered here is a step-by-step process for pursuing peace in ALL your relationships and a tool you can use to help others. This guide is:
- BIBLICAL relies on the absolute authority, sufficiency, and life-giving power of Gods Spirit-breathed Word
- CHRIST-CENTERED depends on the forgiving and empowering grace of Jesus
- PRACTICAL provides concrete action steps, case examples, discussion questions, and suggested language to handle specific situations
- PROVEN offers tried and true methods from a pastor, professor, counselor, and certified Christian conciliator who has led couples, churches, and Christian schools to make peace for nearly thirty years
Packed with wisdom and practical techniques, here is a manageable book on reconciliation that will send you on your way to pursuing peace while helping others to do the same.
mojoTexasAge: 35-44Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5I think a book like this is neededAugust 23, 2012mojoTexasAge: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Robert D. Jones is the assistant professor of biblical counseling at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the author of the Resources for Changing Lives booklets Forgiveness, Angry at God? and Bad Memories, and has written numerous articles and book reviews for the Journal of Biblical Counseling.
His most recent book, Pursuing Peace; a Christian Guide to Handling our Conflicts offers practical techniques for biblical reconciliation all the while helping others to do the same.
My seminary degree is actually in pastoral ministry, so my classes revolved around counseling, shepherding and performing funerals. While everyone else was learning how to write a sermon, I was learning how to craft a eulogy. Now that I am a pastor in the field I can tell you first hand how important a book like this is. Much of ministry is about dealing with people face to face and only a small portion of it revolves around giving the Sunday message.
My mentor told me once that "people are people." I use that phrase in just about all aspects of ministry, and so if you are a person who works close with people - chances are you are going to experience conflict. Our first reaction is probably to avoid conflict or push it off onto someone else. It's something that scares us because it's an aspect we are never prepared for.
Robert Jones' book is the perfect tool to help navigate those issues in a way that is organized and well supported. Believe it or not, there is a biblical way to deal with conflict and most often we don't follow it too closely.
Spoiler alert: a big part of it has to do with "love."
In chapter six, the author offers up a review of what it means to apologize, and I would argue that this is worth the entire value of the book right here. When was the last time you were taught how to say you're sorry? So often apologizing is a write off that we throw out to the hurting as a cheap way to get out of real sympathy or authentic remorse.
I think a book like this is needed in the world that seems to be slowly moving away from human interaction.
I would reccomed this for anyone who is in a leadership position either in the secular world or in the ministry.
Thank you to Crossway for providing this review copy and the opportunity to share my thoughts.
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Conflict Resolution
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Conflict Resolution
- eBooks >> Personal Growth
- Start A New Search