- All Products
- Books of the Bible▼▲
- 1 Chronicles
- 1 Corinthians
- 1 John
- 1 Kings
- 1 Peter
- 1 Samuel
- 2 Chronicles
- 2 Kings
- 2 Samuel
- Entire Bible
- New Testament
- Old Testament
- Song of Solomon
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
At the very first Christmas - the birth of Jesus - an angel announced three things.
In those three statements of the angel, we find the three purposes of Christmas.
The three sessions on this DVD looks at each of those purposes: 1. Christmas is a time for celebration 2. Christmas is a time for salvation 3. Christmas is a time for reconciliation The Purpose of Christmas DVD Pack includes both the DVD and The Purpose of Christmas DVD Study Guide.
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
That The World May Know ®, Vol. 8: God Heard Their CryRay Vander LaanFocus on the Family / 2009 / DVD$29.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 44 Reviews
$39.99Save 25% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW5011456
Advent Calendar on DVD, 2 VolumesVision Video / DVD$9.99 Retail:
$29.98Save 67% ($19.99)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW010134
- Session 1: Christmas is a time for celebration
- Session 2: Christmas is a time for salvation
- Session 3: Christmas is a time for reconciliation.
MonikaAge: 45-54Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5January 2, 2014MonikaAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 4Meets Expectations: 4I was pleased with The Purpose of Christmas study. Our bible study enjoyed listening to Rick Warren. He is easy to follow along with and get the true meaning across.
mingflowerBritish Columbia CanadaAge: Over 65Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5good self evaluationDecember 6, 2013mingflowerBritish Columbia CanadaAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4Interesting what ones perception of this Bible study will be. However we all agreed that it turned out to be more much more than we thought it would be. Great for using the mind and re-evaluate the Purpose of Christmas. Would recommend it for everyone. Great dollar value as well. We are busy planning our birthday party for Jesus.
CharlieGreenville, TexasAge: Over 65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Limited Resource for Advent Bible StudyNovember 12, 2013CharlieGreenville, TexasAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4The DVD and Study Guide are Good Resources for conducting an Advent Bible Study. They are a very limited resource if not combined with the associated Book, The Purpose of Christmas.
Robert Hendrickson5 Stars Out Of 5This study is very flexible to use.December 5, 2012Robert HendricksonQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Great study, great price. Easy to use. It forces us to look at the event called Christmas instead of the date December 25th and what it means to the world. My adult class loves it. We are finishing our last Sunday with a Celebration Party. We will celebrate the purpose of Christmas, the gift that God sent, our Lord and Savior. If you need a short study to fill in for the Christmas holiday season, this is the one. Great Scripture reference, very refreshing look from the normal studies of the Christmas season.
hrx0519Age: 45-54Gender: male3 Stars Out Of 5too purposeful-life flavoredJanuary 3, 2012hrx0519Age: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3probably ok for a three-week shallow study but I thought a stretch for RW to create a Christmas-oriented publication. Intended to use for SS group but decided against as impact seemed weak and core theme appeared to be subjective and shallow theological-based.
Q: How many minutes are each video?
There are 3 sessions.
Session 1 is 14 minutes, session 2 is 15 minutes and session 3 is 24 minutes long.
Q: Is Rick Warren's "The Purpose of Christmas" good for a middle school group?
This study is geared more for adults so some of the application questions would be difficult for young people with little life experience to answer.
Other Customers Also Purchased
#9: Chuck Swindoll's Paws & Tales-Biblical Wisdom for Kids: Playing By the Rules, DVDCharles R. Swindoll, Providential PicturesTyndale House / 2012 / DVD$8.19 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$9.99Save 18% ($1.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW341150
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Seasonal Studies
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Video Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Seasonal Studies
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Seasonal Studies
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Video Curriculum
- Books >> Closeouts
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Seasonal Studies
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Video Curriculum
- Closeouts >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Closeouts >> Books
- Closeouts >> Church & Pastoral
- Closeouts >> DVDs
- DVDs >> Church & Pastoral
- DVDs >> Video Curriculum >> Small Group Resources >> Biblical Subjects
- Start A New Search