- All Products
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
CBDReader App for iPod/iPad/iPhone
Using your iPad, you can download the CBDReader App directly from Apple's App Store.
Open the App Store, type 'CBDReader' into the search bar and press 'Search'.
Click 'install' on the CBDReader app or click the name to view more details.
You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID Password.
When the app is finished downloading, the CBDReader icon will appear on your homescreen.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
In this volume, Dale Garrett turns his keen exegetical skills to the wisdom literature of the Old Testament. Although modern scholarship (including some evangelical scholarship) has all but dismissed any Solomonic connection to Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and the Song of Songs, Garrett affirms the Solomonic connection inherent in all three. He also takes a fresh look at the wisdom literature in view of new studies on the historical development of biblical Hebrew and, more importantly, in view of his own evaluations of parallels with Ancient Near Eastern wisdom literature, particularly from Egypt and Mesopotamia. He presents stimulating arguments for Solomonic authorship of Ecclesiastes and the Song of Songs, as well as for Solomonic background to those portions of Proverbs ascribed to him. A discussion of the nature and development of Israelite wisdom puts his work into context. Particularly helpful is Garrett's discussion of forms and rhetorical strategies in the wisdom literature.
Overview of the New American Commentary (NAC):
- Theologically conservative (Evangelical)
- Semi-technical (use of Greek and Hebrew in the footnotes)
- Based on the New International Version (NIV), but authors are free to use their own translations when applicable
- Designed for pastors, teachers and students
- A verse-by-verse exposition of the biblical wisdom literature
- An integrated commentary which assumes Solomonic influence or authorship for Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and the Song of Songs
- A practical application of the timeless principles for godly living seen in the wisdom literature
- A detailed analysis of the literary strategies of each book, and how this impacts their meaning and application
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Holman Reference
Publication Date: 1993
Availability: In Stock
Series: New American Commentary
Duane A. Garrett is the John R. Sampey Professor of Old Testament at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. He also served as general editor for the Archaeological Study Bible.