- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Black Friday Deals
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Cyber Monday
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
CBDReader App for Kindle Fire
Tap the status bar on the top right to access "Settings".
Click on "More".
Turn ON the option to "Allow Installation of Apps From Unknown Sources". For security reasons, you should turn this option OFF after installation.
Navigate to this page while on your Kindle Fire and click here to download the 'CBDReader.apk' file.
After download is complete, tap on the left side of the status bar to open the Notification screen.
Select the CBDReader.apk file to install upated app.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Brazos Press
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
Professor Emeritus of Old Testament,
Columbia Theological Seminary
"Prophetically Incorrect presents the radical possibility that a moral accounting is and always has been inescapably human. Social health and personal wellbeing keep it at the very center of entertainment, storytelling, and education. In turn, Woods and Patton offer a powerfully consistent argument that leads readers to ask--whether about U2 or Lady Gaga--what's the moral point? The authors' 'prophetic' angle is that moral claims are different from common first impressions or gut hunches. Clear-headed and intellectually competent, these authors want seats at the Cynics' Cafe, the Debate of the Disenchanted, and the Church Council--all of which will be challenged by their presence."
Professor of Communications,
"A characteristic fault of prophets is that they are so damn clear, and I use that theologically explosive word intentionally, for prophets speak uneasy truth to a complacent world slipping into damnation. Authors Robert H. Woods and Paul D. Patton have crafted a cogent argument for the prophetic imagination. Part cultural critique and part classical devotional, Prophetically Incorrect strikes with keen and accurate insight and disturbs our tiny universes." --Terry Lindvall,
C. S. Lewis Chair of Communication and Christian Thought,
Virginia Wesleyan College
"As consumers and critics of the media, we must develop a prophetic voice, say Robert Woods and Paul Patton. This isn't a book for those who are given to knee-jerk reactions or bumper-sticker slogans. But for Christians willing to be courageously reflective, Prophetically Incorrect is a gem."
Professor Emeritus of Communication,
Author, A First Look at Communication Theory
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Holy Spirit
- Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts >> Prophecy
- Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Spiritual Gifts >> Prophecy
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Holy Spirit
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Holy Spirit
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Spiritual Gifts
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Start A New Search