- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
An engaging and thoughtful book that guides readers into the frontiers of being a missional Christian.
Prodigal Christianity offers a down-to-earth, accessible, and yet provocative understanding of God's mission of redemption in the world, and how followers of Christ can participate in this work. It speaks into the discontent of all those who have exhausted conservative, liberal, and even emergent ways of being Christian and are looking for a new way forward. It offers building blocks for missional theology and practice that moves Christians into a gospel-centered way of life for our culture and our times.
- Offers a compelling and creative vision for North American Christians
- Puts forth a theology and ten critical signposts that must be observed to follow a missional way of life: post-Christendom, missio Dei, incarnation, witness, scripture, gospel, church, sexuality, justice, pluralism
- Asks questions and points to issues that trouble many leaders in the post-modern, post-denominational, post-Christendom church
This book can fill the gap for the average Christian left discontented with the current options "after evangelicalism."
Number of Pages: 224
Publication Date: 2013
Availability: In Stock
Series: Jossey-Bass Leadership Network
Insourcing: Bringing Discipleship Back to the Local ChurchRandy PopeZondervan / 2013 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$16.99Save 24% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW490678
David E. Fitch is a copastor and founder of Life on theVine Christian Community and coaches church-planting for theMidwest District of the Christian and Missionary Alliance. He isthe B.R. Lindner Chair of Evangelical Theology at NorthernSeminary, Chicago, and is author of The Great Giveaway andThe End of Evangelicalism?
Geoff Holsclaw is a copastor at Life on the VineChristian Community and an adjunct professor of theology atNorthern Seminary. He is the Mid-West regional coordinator forEcclesia Network.
ABOUT LEADERSHIP NETWORK
The mission of Leadership Network identifies and connectsinnovative church leaders, providing them with resources in theform of new ideas, people, and tools. Contact Leadership Network atleadnet.org.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Creating Communities of the Kingdom: New Testament Models of Church PlantingDavid W. ShenkHerald Press / 1988 / Trade Paperback$14.99Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW6134702
Is God a Moral Monster? Making Sense of the Old Testament GodPaul CopanBaker Books / 2010 / Trade Paperback$7.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$15.99Save 50% ($8.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW072758
Layman's Bible Commentary Vol. 8: Matthew thru MarkMark Strauss, Stephen Leston, Ian FairBarbour / 2013 / Trade Paperback$2.99 Retail:
$4.99Save 40% ($2.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW297810
Find Related Products
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Missions
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> The Church & Missions
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Missions
- Start A New Search