Prodigal Christianity: 10 Signposts into the Missional Frontier
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
An engaging and thoughtful book that guides readers into the frontiers of being a missional Christian.
Prodigal Christianity offers a down-to-earth, accessible, and yet provocative understanding of God's mission of redemption in the world, and how followers of Christ can participate in this work. It speaks into the discontent of all those who have exhausted conservative, liberal, and even emergent ways of being Christian and are looking for a new way forward. It offers building blocks for missional theology and practice that moves Christians into a gospel-centered way of life for our culture and our times.
- Offers a compelling and creative vision for North American Christians
- Puts forth a theology and ten critical signposts that must be observed to follow a missional way of life: post-Christendom, missio Dei, incarnation, witness, scripture, gospel, church, sexuality, justice, pluralism
- Asks questions and points to issues that trouble many leaders in the post-modern, post-denominational, post-Christendom church
This book can fill the gap for the average Christian left discontented with the current options "after evangelicalism."
Number of Pages: 224
Publication Date: 2013
Availability: In Stock
Series: Jossey-Bass Leadership Network
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Externally Focused Quest: Becoming the Best Church for the CommunityEric Swanson, Rick RusawJossey-Bass / Hardcover$16.99 Retail:
$24.95Save 32% ($7.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW500782Video
Neighborhood Mapping: How to Make Your Church Invaluable to the CommunityJohn FuderMoody Publishers / 2014 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:
$14.99Save 27% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW411341
Insourcing: Bringing Discipleship Back to the Local ChurchRandy PopeZondervan / 2013 / Trade Paperback$12.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$18.99Save 34% ($6.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW490678
David E. Fitch is a copastor and founder of Life on the Vine Christian Community and coaches church-planting for the Midwest District of the Christian and Missionary Alliance. He is the B.R. Lindner Chair of Evangelical Theology at Northern Seminary, Chicago, and is author of The Great Giveaway and The End of Evangelicalism?
Geoff Holsclaw is a copastor at Life on the Vine Christian Community and an adjunct professor of theology at Northern Seminary. He is the Mid-West regional coordinator for Ecclesia Network.
ABOUT LEADERSHIP NETWORK
The mission of Leadership Network identifies and connects innovative church leaders, providing them with resources in the form of new ideas, people, and tools. Contact Leadership Network at leadnet.org.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Missions
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> The Church & Missions
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Missions
- Start A New Search